french car festival

julian c b

Fellow Frogger
I went to the french car festival a couple of weeks ago in my 504 cabriolet and there was a good turnout of cars. I have just received my copy of Torque magazine and there are many photos but none of my car or another 504 cab. Not even a mention of any 504 cabs attending.

On a couple of long ago occasions, I've taken photos of most of the French cars being on display at the Victorian French Car days, some of which were published in Torque. I took many of the ones of 2015 French Car Festival which were in Torque, including the panoramic shot taken of the whole oval. That photo was taken from the top of the embankment with me, for added height, standing on the top of the fence (or was it a post?).

This can take quite a bit of time and the exclusion of 504 cab pics may just come down to who took the photos on the day, how much time they had or the editors choice when compiling Torque. One thing I've been guilty of is not getting the owners names for the various cars on display. All this can take up quite a bit of time. It's unlikely it was deliberate.

Julian, I am disappointed you have put your grievence on a public forum. I would have thought it better to go to the person responsible, the Editor of the magazine. As you have read Torque you will know I was not at the French Car Day and why. I find it difficult getting to any club events and as such rely entirely on members for contributions , text and photos. I do not recall seeing anything from you. However if you would like to write the story of your car I will consider it for publication. As a guide 750 words with photos will fill a page. The photos need to be high resolution and good quality for printing. It is up to you. I have received such an article today about a 505STi. As an aside the red cab has been in Torque earlier this year. Believe me I have nothing against 504 coupes or cabs, i think they are magnificent and have driven the red one. I would have loved to get it but it was not practical for me.
Glenn Hall, Editor Torque

And they wonder why it is so hard to get members to put their hands up for commitee vacancies.Glenn, didn't anyone tell you that you're to attend everything (at your own cost), swim flooded watercourses with a biro clutched in your teeth and notepaper in a plastic bag all the while smiling and humming La Marsellaise to yourself? I guess it's just damn hard to please people especially when every individual knows they have the best car of the show (if only someone would wash it for them!)You're doing a fantastic job mate so ignore those who deserve to be so treated ,or ask them to take your place and have a break! The rest of us appreciate what you do for us. 🤬👏👍