French Car Day this coming Sunday

GRAHAM WALLIS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Somehow this event has missed out on being publicised on this forum. It is to be held Sunday the 1st of October at Macleay Park Balwyn North. This is a great venue, plenty of space and always a good day out. Your car doesn't have to be concours standard being there is the important thing.

Daylight savings begins at 2:00am Sun, so don't forget to set your clocks forward by one hour.

Weather looks good-17°C.

I will be there, may attempt to trailer in the 404 or the Red 205... whom should I contact?

Directions and contact details below:

Access is by the main entry of the
Macleay Park complex from Belmore
Road. Approach from the city direction
will make the entry an easy left turn.
(Melways 46 C5)
If you have any questions please call
Peter Kerr on 9890 1816 or mob. 0408
504 605

French Car Festival, Balwyn Sunday 1 October

The French Car Festival is on again on 1st October at Buchanan Oval in the Macleay
Park complex, Balwyn and is being organised this year by PCCV.

You are encouraged to bring your best French cars, bring your nick knacks,
your Michelin Man, perhaps a Tour de France uniform and bike, and
wear your best French gear.

Spectators and cars will gather on the oval at about 10:00. We will be open from
08:30 and judging will be complete at 13:00 with the awards being presented
at 14:30. Entry for cars will be $10. Yes the entry fee has gone up but so have all
the costs! Collectors with a stable of cars will pay only for a maximum of two cars
provided all cars are presented together and a collector’s corner will be available.

We expect about 200 cars so there will be plenty to see and discuss. Best of marque
awards will be made for Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Alpine and Simca. Also there will
be some further surprise presentations for interesting vehicles not covered in the main
awards.

Catering will be available, there is a playground adjacent to the display area with
extensive equipment for your children or grand children and there are also barbecues
available near the play area.

Access is by the main entry of the Macleay Park complex from Belmore Road.

Approach from the city direction will make the entry an easy left turn. (Melway 46 C5)

If you have any questions please call Peter Kerr on 9890 1816 or mob. 0408 504 605

See you there!

Directions and contact details below:

Access is by the main entry of the
Macleay Park complex from Belmore
Road. Approach from the city direction
will make the entry an easy left turn.
(Melways 46 C5)
If you have any questions please call
Peter Kerr on 9890 1816 or mob. 0408
504 605

I will be there, may attempt to trailer in the 404 or the Red 205... whom should I contact?

If you intend to trailer a car, I found last time it's better to come from the Balwyn Rd direction.