French Car Day, 16 July 2017 in Sydney

rosspug

Fellow Frogger
It is over for 2017. Best car on the day was a 504 cabriolet.
Furthest travelled was Sophia from Bern in Switzerland. She was awarded a medallion and a packet of Freddo Frogs as her reward.
Roll on AFCD for 2018.

Get ready for and come to the 2017 French Car Day on Sunday 16 July. Same venue as last year - Silverwater Park. Sa
me entry fee as past years - $10 per car payable as you drive into the entry gate. Come and enjoy the day, we speak Citroen, Simca, Peugeot, Renault and any other French marque.
It commences at about 9 am, but arrive at anytime up to 11:30, by then everyone should be there.
Tyre kickers will be at the park on that day only for July.
No need to prebook, just arrive in your favourite Fre
nch cars.
If you want to enter your car in the concourse, the cut off time is noon. So be there well in advance of that time so that the judges can arrange their inspections. There is no additional cost for entering the concourse.
Each marque will judge and enter its best cars into the final judging against all other marques. From those finalists will be selected the best French car on the day.
There is an award each for, in the opinion of the judge if there is a worthy recipient, the best dressed male and the best dressed female, this is in addition to the categories for the cars. I might even have a medallion for the furthest travelled.
See ya there.
Any questions? - post them here.

Last edited:
Wouldnt miss it for the world
Will also be bringing some Nightingale Wines for free tasting on the day

I would be in Sydney then, and I will definitely come! You taught about everything, I see. Thank you for this, I can't wait to come!

I think that if there is an award for "furthest distance travelled", then vanamond would win it, hands down.

I've been to the last four, but alas no mid year trip to Sydney this year! Enjoy the day!

It commences at about 9 am, but arrive at anytime up to 11:30, by then everyone should be there. Entry for judging cars closes at noon. There is no additional cost for judging.
Cheers from Rb.

Could somebody please post the address , Google offers many choices.

Weather permitting I will take the SM for a run.

Silverwater Park, Silverwater, off Silverwater Rd.

Heading South down Silverwater Road, turn 1st left after crossing the bridge (Opp Clyde St), then hard left at about 20m, follow down and double back (left) under the bridge. :) (Google "Siverwater Park")

icon1.gif
French Car Day, 16 July 2017 in Sydney
Come to the 2017 French Car Day on Sunday 16 July. Same venue as last year - Silverwater Park. Same entry fee as past years - $10 per car payable as you drive into the entry gate. Come and enjoy the day, we speak Citroen, Simca, Peugeot, Renault and any other French marque.
It commences at about 9 am, but arrive at anytime up to 11:30, by then everyone should be there.
Tyre kickers will be at the park on that day only for July.
No need to prebook, just arrive in your favourite Fre
nch cars.
If you want to enter your car in the concourse, the cut off time is noon. So be there well in advance of that time so that the judges can arrange their inspections. There is no additional cost for entering the concourse.
Each marque will judge and enter its best cars into the final judging against all other marques. From those finalists will be selected the best French car on the day.
There is an award each for, in the opinion of the judge if there is a worthy recipient, the best dressed male and the best dressed female, this is in addition to the categories for the cars. I might even have a medallion for the furthest travelled.
See ya there.
Any questions? - post them here.​

Hey! it was good to meet a few of you :) See you all next time.

Amd whomever owned that greeny / blue 1100, with the single headlight front end, bloody beautiful. :)

Bowie, sorry I didn't get over to meet you today. I own the dark green R8. Not sure if that's the one you mean,
Hopefully I'll catch you at a meeting or event some time.
KB

Anyone take any photos? Unfortunately I missed the event, first one I have missed for quite a few years.

I wasn't able to attend either as I was attending a 90th Birthday party. I drove over the Silverwater bridge a bit before 11:00AM and it looked like it was a good turn out!

Tony.