For the R5 Fans.

Yes more reason to give mine love as its original and unmolested.
I think mine has done its head / water pump.. I tackled a very big hill in it, and boiled the coolant.
It made it up the hill, but I couldn't stop, and lose momentum it was that steep.. and long, and high.. and its little box got revved off.

Not a difficult or unfamiliar fix, the body repair will be a little more challenging.

I also always had problems with the hatch hinges not sitting right, and the hatch hinge having heaps of play.
something needs to be spot welded.

such a fun little car, I always found it amusing pulling up next to a mini at the lights, the only thing smaller on the road.
having the near miss put me off driving it for a bit, opting for something I didn't mind wearing out on tassie roads.

Currently I'm driving RX4s, too many of them.. either registered or just out of rego.

In Tasmania you don't have to put cars over the pits when you change ownership / buy.
Ah, Tassie. Shades of former decency. How refreshing. Mind you, in WA it is once only. My 4CV was inspected in 1990 and the R8 in 1989. Neither has been seen by any authority since.....

Yes more reason to give mine love as its original and unmolested.
I think mine has done its head / water pump.. I tackled a very big hill in it, and boiled the coolant.It made it up the hill, but I couldn't stop, and lose momentum it was that steep.. and long, and high.. and its little box got revved off.

Not a difficult or unfamiliar fix, the body repair will be a little more challenging.

I also always had problems with the hatch hinges not sitting right, and the hatch hinge having heaps of play.
something needs to be spot welded.

such a fun little car, I always found it amusing pulling up next to a mini at the lights, the only thing smaller on the road.
having the near miss put me off driving it for a bit, opting for something I didn't mind wearing out on tassie roads.

Currently I'm driving RX4s, too many of them.. either registered or just out of rego.

In Tasmania you don't have to put cars over the pits when you change ownership / buy.

found some from when I bought her.

Attachments

• R5 TS 1984 1 (Comp).JPG
    R5 TS 1984 1 (Comp).JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 155
  • R5 TS 1984 5 (Comp).JPG
    R5 TS 1984 5 (Comp).JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 149
  • R5 TS 1984 9 (Comp).JPG
    R5 TS 1984 9 (Comp).JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 150
  • R5 TS 1984 12 (Comp).JPG
    R5 TS 1984 12 (Comp).JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 146
I have a friend in Perth restoring an R5 Turbo and there's one about 5 minutes from home too. Considering they were never sold in Oz, I reckon it is remarkable!

Great story re the wheels - they look quite good too!
Hmmmm so there is two in Perth? Ie my old red one and another?

"gezza", actually 3, but one was seriuosly accident damaged, about a year before you sold yours.

Ray

Nope mine was a gt turbo down south now in Perth...... as per my profile pic

I think it was the accident damaged on, John.

Ray

I tracked a picture down of the SS R5, kindly sent by Reinard Krohn in ZA. I will find out more.

SS-R5.jpg

I want to know more about this "Renaul SS" :D

No Nauli ,TR's cars are"Turbo 2" type which is another class,(In my Book) and one runner (blue) up in Ellenbrook that gets out very rarely on temp plates. The ones mentioned are ordinary road going. The GT-T has not been seen for a while.