For Sale - 86 Fuego (reg'd)

Steve Drury

Fellow Frogger
midnight blue, air con (don't work), power steer. original rims (4 x TRX - 3 are shot & 1 v. good, with 1 v. good retread on TRX case). guards, bonnet (slight rust), drivers door & tailgate are fine (shot struts in t/gate); all electric motors work; all glass, head/fog lamps, indicator assemblies are intact;interior is ok; motor a bit fumey but g/box & clutch/brakes are ok; Weber carbie needs overhauling (don't they all!); comes with Haynes manual & NSW rego 'til late Feb 2003. sold as one unit & am under threat of death if I separate it - just jump start & drive away. Lower Blue Mtns location. $350

is that feugo still 4 sale, and how smokey is it

Hi Tadpole,

the Fuego is still with me & so is the missus (for now !). When idling, there are no fumes; it's only when you really tramp it that it blows a little. The carbie spindle is worn & a little sloppy, and this could be the problem - probably sucking in air and destroying the mixture - common, I'm told. Auto choke is out for probably the same reasons. Used to overheat a little until I put a Pug thermo fan switch in (cuts in earlier) and stuck in a Volvo evaporation tank (original had cracked under the wiper skirt & couldn't find another Rennie tank). Common, I'm told. If you are a local & interested, the price is super flexi. Thanks.