Finding poo

bpk

Tadpole
Hi folks, looking to see if anyone knows of a 504 fuel injected in what I believe might be called 'trak yellow'. Could be wrong about that, but it was a mid, slightly brownish yellow, hence the name poo. The car in question was my partners much loved family car bought new back in the day and owned for a long time, then eventually given away around 2008 to a young man on the Sunshine Coast QLD that was (hopefully) going to look after and restore it. Would be good to know if anyone has this car or knows of it.

Did this young man have olive skin and black hair?
In 2008 504’s were still being snapped up cut up and sent to the Middle East.
Hopefully not, have you tried doing a on line rego check it’s a long shot it means the car has to still be registered with the same number plates, do you have the body number, as there was a lot of track yellow 504s sold in the early 70s.
Was there anything unusual about this car that would identify it, do you have a picture.
Regards Jamie

If you have the VIN you can still do a rego search regardless of any number plate change.

The equivalent Renault colour was known as "Sunburst". It was quickly renamed "Bowelburst" by RCCD members.........

Did this young man have olive skin and black hair?
In 2008 504’s were still being snapped up cut up and sent to the Middle East.
Hopefully not, have you tried doing a on line rego check it’s a long shot it means the car has to still be registered with the same number plates, do you have the body number, as there was a lot of track yellow 504s sold in the early 70s.
Was there anything unusual about this car that would identify it, do you have a picture.
Regards Jamie
I fit that description and location but you got me at young thou!! haven't seen any 504 on the coast of that colour, only white and blue ones in the last 10 years :(

Is this what you are after?

poop.png

I always thought Trak Yellow was quite different from what I used to call Baby Poo Brown, and which came out mostly in 1975 Peugeot 504s.

Our member Tom_95 has a Trak Yellow 504 and lives on the Sunshine Coast. There is a photo of his car as his avatar here.

Not sure if his is carby or fuel injected.

I always thought Trak Yelliow was this :
Trak.jpg

BPK described the colour in his post as "mid, slightly brownish yellow, hence the name poo". I don't think that Trak Yellow was the same colour, particularly as they were trying to sell cars to the residents of Toorak (AKA "Trak") who may not have appreciated the artistic hue of "Bowelburst".

Yes, that looks like Trak Yellow. There was also Buttercup Yellow and some other yellow.

correct PeterC trak yellow,there was also Aztec yellow I think around last couple of years 77to78,also earlier bronze corn came out about 73,more of a poo colour.one other brown colour same era as trak yellow was Havana brown I think,I may stand corrected….jim

I fit that description and location but you got me at young thou!! haven't seen any 504 on the coast of that colour, only white and blue ones in the last 10 years :(
Ha ha, thanks mate.... The car was loved and given away for free based on the fact that the guy had an interest in restoration.... No doubt if it had stayed on the coast you would have seen it.

I always thought Trak Yellow was quite different from what I used to call Baby Poo Brown, and which came out mostly in 1975 Peugeot 504s.

Our member Tom_95 has a Trak Yellow 504 and lives on the Sunshine Coast. There is a photo of his car as his avatar here.

Not sure if his is carby or fuel injected.

I always thought Trak Yelliow was this :
View attachment 204519
Yes it turns out it was a 75.... baby poo yellow brown is the less flattering but likely accurate colour

Thanks all.... much appreciated. I will see if my Partners mum kept the old purchase records or other way to find the VIN. I like to think she is still out there and one day I can get her back.

If you are searching for a nice yellow-brown colour to paint a car it's hard to go past the early 70s Datsuns for "inspiration".😉

Attachments

• 9sbonn70ldhex17bb9t74u5t4.jpg
    9sbonn70ldhex17bb9t74u5t4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 68
  • images (10).jpeg
    images (10).jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 75
  • images (11).jpeg
    images (11).jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 98
  • images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 69
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 74
  • images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 71
  • images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 70
  • images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 72
  • images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 71
correct PeterC trak yellow,there was also Aztec yellow I think around last couple of years 77to78,also earlier bronze corn came out about 73,more of a poo colour.one other brown colour same era as trak yellow was Havana brown I think,I may stand corrected….jim
Sun Gold was the best yellow, 1973.

I had a Trak yellow Renault 16TS out of West Heidelberg. I remember it being similar to a Porshe and Fiat 124 colour.
I still have a nail polish bottle of genuine Renault touch up paint.