Fianlly got that Xantia

sparkey

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Well finally after 8 months of looking we bought a 2001 Xantia today. Very pleased with the purchase.

One question (or maybe more)
do fellow froggers recommend citroen roadside assist or should I just stick with RACV roadside service?
What is the cost of Cit roadside assist?

Thanks

If the Cit roadside assist has a stipulation that you have to have services at specified repairers and they set the service schedule and price structure, go with the RACV.
I don't use either because I found up here that the = to RACV namely RACQ were a waste of space when you owned a French car and after I almost put an aggro "service" guys lights out when he got abusive when my wife called him and did more damage than it was worth, I only used them as a potential cheap tow if I had a breakdown that required them which I didn't.
If you rely on someone to do the service for you, I feel it's important to retain your independence in choice of repairer as in the cases of the specified repairer and schedule, you usually end up paying far more than using the repairer of your choice.
With the rugged reputation of the Xantia, if the car is solid and well maintained, it'd doubtful you'll need too much service for a few years as they're ultra reliable and seem to wear forever.

Alan S :2cents:

My sediments exactly. Our Xantia only really broke down regularly while under warranty (and oh boy did it ever). Most subsequent failures have related to items which were upgraded in the series 2.

We have also found that with Citroen the roadside service's use has been limited to battery replacement and towing and so we just keep a basic NRMA cover up, sufficient to get a tow to our preferred repairer.

I thought Citroen assist was only on the new cars with the warranty? :confused:

danielsydney said:
I thought Citroen assist was only on the new cars with the warranty? :confused:

It comes free with the new cars for the duration of the warranty, but I am sure you can pay to renew the road side assist once that period has expired.

Troy.

I've never had to use the Citroen roadside assist included on my cits, i was wondering, isn't it just NRMA?

How can they boast Australia wide coverage otherwise?

I had to use it once, when the Xantia was 2 days old and the 'STOP' light came on (nothing actually wrong of course! :blackeye: ). I rang expecting advice and pointers but was told that, no, they would just send a tow truck. At least it was a flat-bed one. I think they do just contract out to the local motoring organisations.

yeah i had to use it twice on my car actually and it was much the same as NRMA but i think they were mostly contractors for prestige private firms as such.
I guess you could pay and continue the service. I just didnt. :nownow: