Feugo for sale

Jason20

Fellow Frogger
I seen a nice Feugo for sale around the corner from my house, if anyone is interested I will take down the phone number... I live in Toongabbie (Sydney)
I'll try & get some information on it, it looked to be in top condition.

Last edited:
Jason, Could you please advise colour, price, ph no and has it got the fog lights/driving lights?

Alastair Browne said:
Jason, Could you please advise colour, price, ph no and has it got the fog lights/driving lights?

I'll drive past it after work this afternoon & check it out.. hopefully it's still there as it wasn't yesterday... but they probably just parked it inside because of the rain.

Alastair Browne said:

GTX 2.0 Litre, white, with yellow fog lights.
not sure about the price...
0401 431 852

I've spoken to the owner who says he wants $2,500 for it. Apparently it has somewhere between 100,000 to 150,000 kms on it, is in fair condition, approx 8 months rego, sports exhaust and sports steering wheel(?).

It needs the aircon refurbished with new belt. It needs a new clutch cable and some rubber thingy which I ddin't quite catch due to mobile ph problems.

What do you guys think it is worth with those kind of repairs to do?

I tend to think the price is a bit high unless the owner can show some evidence of work done and servicing etc. Has it got power steering? fitted. check date of manufacture on plate as well as the rego certificate. For that price I would expect a current Roadworthy certificate.

A disconnected aircon usually means it wasn't working properly anyway and the belt should have been replaced on a well maintained car when and if the cambelt was replaced. Needs a new clutch cable may well indicate the clutch could be on the way out, check on the adjuster on the cable to see if that is the trouble. New cables are available a new clutch is a fairly major job.

A prospective buyer should do a thorough check of the interior condition (is the original steering wheel around) condition of leather on gear shift , look for rust in the plenum area under the bonnet and also in doors and body (The small rust crack in the lower door pillar is nearly always there and is not a problem but it doesn't hurt to point this out when negotiating a lower price!)

Check the exhaust system for holes, missing supports and that all the lights, horns etc work correctly. Start the engine run for a while and see if the radiator fans are working correctly (should come on when thermostat closes when engine heats up) if disconnected this will cause trouble with overheating and if they run when the ignition only is turned on, then that is a fair indication there has been some overheating problems! May also be the reason that aircon is disconnected.

Look for leaks of oil (most Fuegos have some!) and the condition of the rubber boots on the half shafts. When driven listen for clicking noises as you turn corners slowly on full lock both directions. (Stuffed CV joints)

Check the car for signs of body repair and or chassis work. Condition of paintwork and seats. Check around rear window hatch for any bubbling of the rubber that may indicate rust from within, check that hatch locks down correctly and if it will stay up on the gas struts - check the tool areas to see that jack etc is still there and area is free of water/moisture. Push down on the front of the car and see that shockers are still in good condition... if it has excessive float or bounce when driving on the road the shockers will need replacing ASAP

Check that doors lock and unlock correctly and that you can fold the seats forward etc, is the remote control door locker there (it won't work!) tyre size and condition etc. plus check braking on road for operation, noises, rubber on pedals. carpet condition. check condition of engine oil.

Not an exhaustive list, I am sure that others will have ideas too.

Ken

Ken

Many thanks for your time and advice. That's a great list from which to work and much appreciated.