Fellow C4 Owners - look inside

C4 on new car short list

I have read the reviews and other surveys and it is still very early for the real evaluation of the car, the ratio of good to bad is on the positive side.

I am considering a C4 1.6 and may be waiting till the 1.6 turbo desiel ( december)
My wife has driven the car and likes it after all its actually for her (moosey knows who it is know!)
The Tec side of the car is extreemly impressive and lots of the reviews I have read have been positive.
I is a bit of a gamble however the service Centers will make or break the cars.

Uga Boga said:
It seems the Japanese propaganda machine is at work again.
All of that goes by which way the bread butterings go.
When you butter each other's bread, it's easier when you've got the same size slices.

Uga Boga said:
The C4 has received a bit of a beating on the carsurvey site - http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Citroen_C4.html

It would be much appreciated if all aussie owners of the C4, post an honest review on the carsurvey website.

It seems the Japanese propaganda machine is at work again.

Heres my review:

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_82619.html

Uga said:
Simply superb. You can't beat the C4!
What things have gone wrong with the car?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Simpy superb. Excellent reliability, great to see Citroen returning back to their great ways of innovation and refinement.

General comments?
What can I say? Simply top notch. Excellent handling, supreme comfort, reliable, excellent looks, turns heads like no tomorrow for a family hatch etc...

It's been an absolute graceful experience to have the opportunity to own a car like the Citroen C4. The French truely know the meaning of total refinement. The car is reliable, yet technologically advanced, the safety features and standards have set an all time high for the rest of the manufacturers. It's got class and character, unlike most of the Japanese crap in today's market. Citroen is showing the way to the future with the C4 and I'm absolutely loving the experience of owning one.

Say, are you trying to steal the Citroën PR guy's job :D

I hope this guy doesn't post reviews of the C4 for Citroën's sake, eh :)

Uga Boga said:
Whoever buys a C4 = fool.

Eye candy, nothing more. The new Golf rips it apart, in build quality and performance.

It's not the same guy that posted this, is it ;)

Boga said:
Yeah, height of french flair.. until everything starts falling apart.

The black panels around the CD player are now falling apart on mine. :nownow:

If yours will have the same atrocious build quality as mine, you've made a horrible mistake.

The side panels between the doors are totally loose as well now. Is anything bolted on properly in this car??? :mad: :evil:

The new Golf's have 10x better build quality then the C4.

EDIT: Remembered something else as well... black panels under the steering wheel are also very loose. (the curved in ones)

Actually, I think this guy is in Australia!

UB said:
Lots of loose parts, or it could be that they're all built with such shocking build quality.

Uga Boga said:
Rattles whilst driving, loose parts in the interior, driver side door doesn't shut properly and requires a strong shove (was evident at the dealer). Loose seals etc...

I'd give the C4 4/10.

Whoa!, only 4/10!

Uga Boga said:
The C4 is nothing special, i've had mine for 3 weeks now... The engine is quite weak (2.0L Hatchback) and the gearbox is a joke, often confusing itself.. just like the Xsara.. I really expected a better gearbox then the Xsara.

The pillar's on the front windscreen is crazy... driving on the putty road, i had absolutely no view of the other lane.

All in all, not worth 43k, i should've got a WRX.

The gearbox is a 4 speed piece of crap, they couldn't even manage to include a 5-speed like the Golf.

Hmmmn, but the Golf is even better, it has a 6-speed!

Say, Uga Boga, you aren't related to this guy, are ya :D

iraqi_information_minister.jpg

Ahh, it's all just fun :)

Actually, interesting you bring up Sahaf.

Being of Iraqi origin, i knew him quite well, he used to teach at Mustansariyah university in Baghdad.

He originally taught English, would you believe it? Later he became a pimp for the regime and moved up the "ladder of opportunity". :D

As for your propaganda pug307, i believe, those posts were prior to the issues being resolved by the dealer.

In summary, read this thread:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24472&highlight=citroen+c4+service

Forget about the crapanese propaganda machine, we have to deal with the Poogoe one first !! :nownow: :evil: :mad: