Faded indicator lenses

Renault17

Fellow Frogger
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has a magic cure for faded tail light lenses? The 504 I used to own suffered from it and so does my R17 now, the orange fades really badly. I have several other tail lights (for the 17) and they are all much of a muchness. Aside from using orange paint- which I have never seen look anything other than completely amateurish- is there any way to restore the colour in lights that are no longer off the shelf items?

Cheers Ben

Hey

With mine I just Died them with this suff I bought at Autobarn it comes in a real small bottle in red and yellow.
Its been on for a Yr, and they look just as good as new ones.

Ash

Hey Ash,

I knew someone out there had to have an easy fix for that one. Only problem is we don't have 'autobarns' over here, I'll check out repco and the likes and see what I can turn up, nothing to lose really.

Have you got any closer to your 18 turbo into a 17 idea? I am heading toward it myself as I am ending up doing most of the work to get this 1647cc (ex fuego) motor and 5 spd into the car. Can't help but think that no matter what I do to the std motor it will never go as hard as the turbo setup.

Of course it would be nice to wipe the smirks off some of those young guys faces in their civics/corrollas etc by blasting by them too hehe....

Seriously if someone over there is thinking about doing a conversion- these cars (18 turbos & fuegos) are worth next to nothing over here, if you knew someone importing something it would make really good sense to take it all back over- considering the NZ$ and all......

mind you the turbo & exhaust might show up on the x-ray machine.......

Cheers Ben

Hey Ben

Yea I've been thinking about the Turbo conversion with the R17. I reckon the turbo engine would suit an R17 better than what an R18 would. As the 17 looks quite aggressive from front on. Its sorta sporty where as the 18 is more of a saloon. Either way its all good.

I don't wanna do any more on the 17, as I'm now keen for a R8G (I know I'm probably dreaming too)or settle for a well done R8G replica.
I figured if I modify the R17, I wont get it all back when I go to sell the thing.
Its all pretty original apart from the Paint.

Any way chat with ya Later
Ashley

Hi,

thought I'd let you guys know that the stuff to use is a 'clear' orange paint you get it from model shops.

It's easy to use and apply, one pottle cost me I think about $6 and will do 3-4 tailights. Thanks to who ever gave me that tip- I think it was Ash.

Cheers Ben

i have got a turbo motor and have fitted it into my bay, last time the engine was out. The most fun is going to be plumbing the exhaust.....
regards paul. ;)