Facel Vega

G'day Paul and John Re: Facel Vaga

I have another HK500 (in Perth) current undergoing full restoration. It is silver with red leather (not that it currently has any interior - and very little exterior at the moment, 6.3L V8 Chrysler - just loving the current way petrol is rising (may have to convert it to LPG - not really!!)
Wish I could work out how to put in some pics.
Did meet a guy with a silver Facellia, he gave me his number but I lost it before I contacted him. He also mentioned another HK 500 seen in the Swan Valley (belonging to a chef??).

paulb said:
Not sure if I'm operating this correctly... new to Aussiefrogs. Very keen to know more about this Facel Vega. I own a 1959 HK500 in Perth (I'm mentioned further back in this thread) and am keen to get contacts, details and photos of all Facel Vegas in Australia. I have details of 13 examples currently in Australia, but this car at the FCF is new to me. Does anyone have any owner details or photos? Any help would be appreciated. PAUL BLANK (Facel Vega HK500, ex-owner Citroen DS21, 1D19, CX GTi, GS, GS Wagon, Renault 16, 17 Cabrio, Fuego, Peugeot 104, 204). paulb@classicrally.com.au

paulb said:
That's my car. It's interesting how the stories grow and change with time. I've heard some beauties over the years. It was involved in the accident on Guildford Road, the year was 1970. I've spoken with family of the deceased lady, the tow truck driver who took away the car and others. Also spoken with Terry Priestly who did the RHD conversion. The car was imported from Switzerland in 1964, along with a Lincoln...........

yes it is interesting how the stories grow and change with time - that's what make threads like this such ripping yarns - it has history, technical detail, puzzles to solve, death by misadventure, - mystery - more intrigue by far than an Elvis sighting on the Nullabor.

I'd never heard of a Facel Vega 'til I stumbled on to this - what a great thread - long may it run!

Spotted a FV

duchamp said:
Does anyone have a Facel in Oz, or know of one? Just moved here from London, and am keen to see - or own - an example here in Mel....
I realise this is an old thread with no recent replies, but thought you might be interested anyway. There was dark blue Facel Vega HK500 at last Sundays All French Car Day here in the Adelaide Hills. Very nice original condition vehicle with manual transmission. Looked great amongst all the Cits,Pugs & Renaults plus a lone Simca.