F1 - 2023 - Bahrain race results - One of the better races in a long time

FIVEDOOR

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Well, that was an interesting race for change. Alonso and Aston were in hot form with Alonso making some memorable passing moves.

McLaren had a disastrous outing with Piastri DNF at around lap 14 with electrical gremlins. Norris had number of visits to the pits and finished 17th, 2 laps down and the last of the finishers. Looks like McLaren may have done Daniel R a big favour.

The Red Bulls finished 1, 2 with Max finishing almost 12 s ahead of Perez.

Alonso finished 4th after an inspired drive with a smile on his face I haven't seen for a while. Stroll was 6th, still recovering from hand/wrist(? ) and toe injuries after bicycle training accident accident. He ended with fractures in both wrists and he had an operation on his right wrist only 12 days before the race. That shows some true grit. He has gone up in my estimation, which admittedly was not that high previously :evil: :ROFLMAO: ;) :cheers: . Stroll's misdemeanour was running into back of Alonso early in the race, costing both cars a place.

Sainz finished with 4th and Leclerc parking it on track for DNF :- https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1021743/1/revealed-cause-leclerc-s-bahrain-failure-no-link-2022-issues

Hamilton (5th) and Russell (7th) struggled as the Merc is obviously not on the pace.

Bottas managed 8th

All the results:- https://www.crash.net/f1/results/1021697/1/f1-2023-bahrain-grand-prix-full-race-results-round-1

Some Alonso action

Alonso finished 4th after an inspired drive with a smile on his face I haven't seen for a while. Stroll was 6th, still recovering from hand/wrist(? ) and toe injuries after bicycle training accident accident. He ended with fractures in both wrists and he had an operation on his right wrist only 12 days before the
Let's give Alonso full credit - he was on the podium in 3rd.
(We'll excuse the little typo, Fivedoor?)
Agree with other comments, race was interesting, and Alonso was outstanding.