Extra Washers on front sway bar mount 504

Shobbz

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
When I was at the French Car day here in brisbane I was talking to a 504 owner who had put extra washers on the front suports for the front sway bar. The two nuts at the very front of the car.

There is a bit of space there and it seems like a good idea?

Has anyone done this?

thanks

James

I think you mean the radius arms or the caster arms. The sway bar has no locating function in the suspension.

The rubbers should be all that are needed, but they do chop out. I've had one with a hefty rubber washer in it, but I wouldn't think you could do better than just putting a new rubber in there.

For some reason it's said that the 505 rubbers are an improvement on the 504 ones. They don't cost much at places like Import Advantage (Stafford).

Sounds like a more reasonable part description.

The rubbers look okay, but there is a lot of distance between the metal and the nuts.

Will investigate this place u speak of:)

Import Advantage? They do Pug Parts? Or just rubbers?

Pug parts...

They're importers of a wide range of parts, Peugeot is almost an orphan but they have it. They love BMWs and VWs... you get parts there, nothing in the way of information or advice, at least with Pugs.

In Webster Road near the traffic lights north of the bridge that crosses the creek there. You park up on the footpath, or beyond the footpath, the building is back a bit from the road.

Hi, before the 505 style rubber was available we used to put big washers on the rally car. This pulled on a bit more angle on the strut (forward) and reduced the amount the strut moves back and forth in put holes etc.

Since the 505 style rubbers became available I have not thought this necessary. When in good condition the extra rubber behind the washer on the 505 style serves much the same purpose without being rigid.

Cheers

Jim

I had a good look under the car today.

There are three rubbers I want to replace. I have allready bought one set.

I am replacing the verticle rods with washers at the ends that attach to the sway bar? Its the sway bar right? Mine have V shaped bits on them apparently for the power stering version, which i may have to chop off.

There are two big rubbers that also are on the sway bar (sorry if this is not what its called, little lost here) that are held in place by two vertical bolts.

Then there are two rubbers at the front of the car, one on each side that are held in place by horisontal bolts?

I want to replace them all, hopefully they don't cost that much?

Does everyone follow the rubbers I am describing. Sorry I work on physical items not their technical names. If some one can convert my rendom descriptions into technical/ correct terms it would be appreciated.

Its been long journey, but the pug will ride again.

thanks again

James

<small>[ 10 August 2003, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Shobbz ]</small>

A look at an old heap?

Coffe, that's the black stuff with milk right?

When are you in town?

Uni permitting would be nice.

thanks

James