Excelent KARTING event, Sydney.

CHRI'S16

1000+ Posts
Hi fellow froggers, here is something to consider, ever wanted to see super close and exciting racing :eek: !!! Welll....>>

North Shore Kart Club as part of their annual King of the Creek race meeting together with Yamaha Australia have challenged Clubman drivers to be the Champion of Champions. To include both light and heavy classes the club has nominated 145kg as the weight. Putting their money where their mouths are $1000 goes to the winner of the event! Drivers from all over the country have been invited for the one day spectacular limited to the first 40 entries. Utilising the 1024 metre track this will be the first big meeting of the year for Australia's most popular class before the biggest meeting of the year at the Nationals in March. A feature race at the end of the day with reverse top 10 also nets the winner of that race $500. Enquiries to North Shore Kart Club www.nskc.com.au

Yamaha Australia presents the

CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

CLUBMAN PRO 145KGS
CASH PRIZES
1st Place $1000 cash

2nd Place $700 cash

3rd Place $500 cash

Feature race winner $500 cash

Date
Saturday 19 February 2005

Venue
Eastern Creek International Karting Raceway – Brabham Drive, Eastern Creek

So here is my personal invite to anyone who was not sure what go-karting was all about. This is guaranteed to open your eyes. :tongue: - Chris

I will definatly be there but just to watch i think. Will be racing at the clubby meeting after that though.

Are there any other karters out there on this forum apart from Maquered? Should try and get a french car karters practice day going.

Chris

does Darren King still race Karts ??

he and his father were right into it and Darren was working for one of the Sydney karting shops and the owner of the shop was/is married to Darrens sister

I travelled around the country side taking a mate of mine to many a karting event and even down to Adelaide for the grand prix when it was there as we were invited to attend a karting event there all expenses paid

i should get back into it again one day

might do it when our son is old enough to start racing

damn good fun and a very good learning curve

pugrambo said:
Chris

he and his father were right into it and Darren was working for one of the Sydney karting shops and the owner of the shop was/is married to Darrens sister

I travelled around the country side taking a mate of mine to many a karting event and even down to Adelaide for the grand prix when it was there as we were invited to attend a karting event there all expenses paid

i should get back into it again one day

might do it when our son is old enough to start racing

damn good fun and a very good learning curve
PUGRAMBO - They don't race AFAIK, but do wonders in the pits and KART-1 store out at Eastern Creek.
Well id be glad to help, since you helped me, if you do ever decide to get back in. I get plenty of help from the Connoly guys and the Parramatta Kart guys. I'm also lucky that there's plenty of Rotax owners too.
TIM - Mate I had no idea you karted. I race Rotax light No 3, so come and say hello. I also help out on the Heavy Days,... I ussually do lap scoring. - Chris

ps, yes I take bribes.

Yeh mate started this year, First race was at the creek in janaury.

Was racing clubman light but found out at lithgow i was about 10kg over so i will prbaly race heavies with some lead from now on.

pugrambo said:
Chris

Max (Darren's dad) is a karting legend. He even still gets out to race, in between helping out the Topkart drivers with setup, spares, etc. Top bloke!

moosey said:
Max (Darren's dad) is a karting legend. He even still gets out to race, in between helping out the Topkart drivers with setup, spares, etc. Top bloke!

I have known Max for years and used to work with him

His father Lloyd used to be a pug mechanic/dealer

next time you see him say g'day to him for me

when a mate of mine Marcus and i first started to go to all the Karting events he helped us out quite a bit