Eurovision 2002

danielsydney

Good Sport
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
:D I have just finished watching the Eurovision on SBS. One word to describe it. "fabulous". Latvia won the competition and she was a very good singer.
France came fifth which was very good I though. Ahead of most other countries. They gave the results in French and when they crossed live to France The woman gave the results from under the ""tour de Eiffel". Fabulous..... :D

The usual parade of musical naffness that has no relation to the rest of the music world. It's only made watchable in the UK by Terry Wogan's views on the proceedings. What were the guys in body armour all about, was it the Greek entry? Deary me........ :confused: clown question

<small>[ 28 May 2002, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Dave B ]</small>

I couldnt disagree more. I think Australia has a lot more to learn from Europe than ever. The cosmopolitan, sophistication, etc, architecture, plus much more, style, the list goes on.
I can live without there fuel prices though..

Daniel, even the REAL Europeans take the piss out of Eurovision. Except the two old ladies in Italy that watch it.

Stuey

If I recall correctly the Latvian entry did posess wonderful ...er... "talent" tongue eek! :D

By the way Dave B, you are spot on - That pommy commentator takes the pi##.

<small>[ 27 May 2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: avi81n ]</small>

The British guy was very funny with his comments actually. I agree with that. But I still think Australia should become more like Europe and we have a lot to learn from them.