ESP light on 2001 406 Coupe

Fireblade

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

Can someone provide best case and worst case scenarios for the ESP light not extinguishing? Trying to evaluate a potential purchase option.

Thanks,

George

Can you put a simple hand held code reader on it? The most common problem I know of is a bad wheel sensor.

This appeared on Lloyds a week or so ago - The last I saw it got to $2800. It has now reappeared with what looks like a roadworthy report citing a broken door stay and the ESP light:

I am not that interested - I've just bought a coupe here in Melbourne that I pick up in a couple of weeks time.

Hi,

Can someone provide best case and worst case scenarios for the ESP light not extinguishing? Trying to evaluate a potential purchase option.

Thanks,

George
Hi George. I am the owner of the car in question. I have had it looked at by a number of different Peugeot experts and the diagnosis was when the sump gasket was replaced they lowered the front cross member when putting it back together they had altered the wheel sensors. I had the sensors re calibrated and it was good for about 5000 ks and light came on again. If you plug in diagnostic tool it says yaw sensor fault. The car is on the Gold Coast and there are not a lot of good Peugeot mechanics up here. I am the third owner second owner inherited the car after a family death. I know you would expect me to say this but it has really good service history drives very well, no cam box leaks. I have had it mostly in storage and selling to make space. I would just be happy for it to go to someone who appreciates what great cars they are.

Had similar fault on a 406 Coupe 2003, found it to be the brake light switch and gearbox sensor switch on brake pedal. Contact spray on both connections and fault gone.

If it's the yaw sensor, then it's the black box located under the driver seat (in LHD at least in the 407)

Auction has finished - what did it go for ? I'm sensing someone got a bargain.

Cheers

Justin

Hi,

Thanks,

George
I had this with my 2001 coupe. First point of call for the auto electrician was the brake light switch. When this was replaced didn't fix it, we had to source a second hand ESP Electronic Control Unit. This was the solution and issue gone (for now).

as DCM says above check the steering wheel sensor, you need Planet /PP2000 Peugeot software to interrogate though

as DCM says above check the steering wheel sensor, you need Planet /PP2000 Peugeot software to interrogate though
And you can use PP2000 to recalibrate the steering sensor, and the light will go out (and ESP will work) - for a while, until the light comes on again.

I have this issue with my D9 406 SV sedan.