EP6 vacuum hose not connected?

dimistyle

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Replacing the airfilter today noticed this hose not connected must have disconnected for a while now.

Anyone know or have a diagram that may give me some clues?

Have a camera on a lead I'll start searching😕

Attachments

• 2020-10-17 10.25.01.jpg
    2020-10-17 10.25.01.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 2020-10-17 10.23.14.jpg
    2020-10-17 10.23.14.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 371
There is a vacuum solenoid valve buried under the intake manifold, with a tube that connects to atmosphere. Check if it is from there.
It heads up to the end of the head.
solenoid.png

Why it is so inaccessible is another matter.

Last edited:
Under the inlet manifold hmmm I'll continue to look from the top.😂
Thanks for the diagram

Last edited:
Feel where the tube it goes, if you can get a hand in, to see if it heads to the valve. It is meant to be open to the air. The valve shown in blue is similar in appearance to the vacuum valves in the HDI engines with three spigots. It controls boost. Item 5
solenoid.png

Well all vacuum hoses under inlet manifold are connected to the solenoid as shown above....so one connected to atmosphere I.e. not connected is what I have.

Well now I can start looking at de-polution faulty error as not caused by breather hose.

There is a vacuum solenoid valve buried under the intake manifold, with a tube that connects to atmosphere. Check if it is from there.
It heads up to the end of the head.
View attachment 126378
Why it is so inaccessible is another matter.
Hi there on your picture. There is a pipe going into the manifold where you have the circle with the a in it please can you tell me where does this pipe come from.

The vapour canister purge line (17) Nearby is the crankcase breather passing under the inlet plenum.
vapour.png