Engine mounting bracket(s) NLA from Peugeot

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

I’m in need of two brackets that are apparently not available in the country. That’s what the dealer said yesterday.

And European Auto Imports (EAI) were particularly unhelpful when asked about them.

The two parts needed are highlighted. The first part is the most important. The second part - there’s a possible workaround, but I don’t particularly like it. I would much prefer to get the new part.

I suspect that the two parts are shared with other models and the dealer agreed with me on that yesterday. He said that he would check any other parts that I could find and compare them with what should be in my car. Very generous of him, I think!

If you have any leads, please let me know. Or, even better, if you have one or both of them that you would like to see put to good use (in my 406, of course!), I’d be delighted to hear from you.

The car is a very early D9 series 1999 model.

The VIN is VF38BRHZE80848192

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Peugeot 406 front engine mountings.png

I reckon I've got them lying around here. I'll take a look.

But I have to ask... what are you up to? They're not exactly wearing components, unless they've been damaged in some sort of impact, I can't imagine why you'd need to replace them?

Why would EAI even know or carry such a part? That’s not in their business model. I’ve always found them extremely helpful for regular service parts.

Hi all,

I’m in need of two brackets that are apparently not available in the country. That’s what the dealer said yesterday.

And European Auto Imports (EAI) were particularly unhelpful when asked about them.

The two parts needed are highlighted. The first part is the most important. The second part - there’s a possible workaround, but I don’t particularly like it. I would much prefer to get the new part.

I suspect that the two parts are shared with other models and the dealer agreed with me on that yesterday. He said that he would check any other parts that I could find and compare them with what should be in my car. Very generous of him, I think!

If you have any leads, please let me know. Or, even better, if you have one or both of them that you would like to see put to good use (in my 406, of course!), I’d be delighted to hear from you.

The car is a very early D9 series 1999 model.

The VIN is VF38BRHZE80848192

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

View attachment 229490
Also fitted to (see add): https://eurofrance24.com/engine-support-right-1807t6-9628311880-2-0-2-2-hdi-citroen-peugeot.html

https://eurofrance24.com/engine-support-right-1807t6-9628311880-2-0-2-2-hdi-citroen-peugeot.htmltly this item is also fitted to:

I reckon I've got them lying around here. I'll take a look.

But I have to ask... what are you up to? They're not exactly wearing components, unless they've been damaged in some sort of impact, I can't imagine why you'd need to replace them?
Thanks, Scotty.

What am I up to? A 660,000+ km car. I don't know the car's history from before I purchased it in 2008 with 350,000 km on the clock. Except that long before I took it on any dirt roads, I was finding a lot of evidence that had been successfully hidden from me and two or three other people at the time of purchase. Since I've owned the car, this is the second time it has broken the top, front engine mount.

One of the two parts I'm looking for has been repaired previously by someone. Understandably, no one wants to do another repair and guarantee the work. Hence the search for a replacement part.

The other part has had a stud ripped out when the engine mount failed. Apparently, it's either a major heli-coil job or a replacement part. I'm just asking what I was told to ask for.

Cheers,
Andrew

In terms of non-Pug options ...

1807T6 you can find on a 2.0HDi C5 2001-05 and a facelift C5 2.2HDi if it's the DW12 engine mated to a ZF 4 speed, but not the twin turbo / 6 speed auto. The other possible Citroen models would not have been sold here with the correct engine to be a donor. Early Dispatch perhaps. It's possibly still bolted to an engine some wrecker has removed.

1807F3 doesn't seem to have been used under that number on any Citroen model. However, it's probably marked with 9630584380 and that may be how some wreckers might list it.

Here is a comparison of your diagram and one for an early C5 HDi. The dogbone is the same, the mount on the engine is the same, but the upper mount casting is different, although it may even work if you are really stuck for the correct part.

1698496286871.png

In terms of non-Pug options ...

1807T6 you can find on a 2.0HDi C5 2001-05 and a facelift C5 2.2HDi if it's the DW12 engine mated to a ZF 4 speed, but not the twin turbo / 6 speed auto. The other possible Citroen models would not have been sold here with the correct engine to be a donor. Early Dispatch perhaps. It's possibly still bolted to an engine some wrecker has removed.

1807F3 doesn't seem to have been used under that number on any Citroen model. However, it's probably marked with 9630584380 and that may be how some wreckers might list it.

Here is a comparison of your diagram and one for an early C5 HDi. The dogbone is the same, the mount on the engine is the same, but the upper mount casting is different, although it may even work if you are really stuck for the correct part.

View attachment 229550
Thanks for your reply, David. It is really helpful to have all of the extra information

Here are two photos taken showing the numbers on my broken castings. As you can see, the number on my second casing photo matches the number you quoted in your text.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Just dragged this off my scrap heap. It's all yours if you want it.
20231030_105226.jpg
The other half is still bolted to the front of the engine in Grover the Range Rover. If there is nothing important bolted to it, I can remove it and you can have that too. I can't remember if anything important bolts to it (timing cover, idler bearings etc?).

Thank you, Scotty. I definitely will have that, please!

I think that two items I’m after are two separate parts, not two halves of the same thing. That’s what I understand, anyway.

If that’s available, I’d like it as well, thanks. Please let me know.

I’ll send you a PM regarding collection.

Cheers,
Andrew