EGR Valve Removal on 407

Graeme-P407

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all. This is to anyone who has successfully removed the EGR valve on the 407 2.0 HDi with the DW10BTED414 motor RHR. Mine’s a 2008 model and I’m trying to get the EGR off for cleaning. Having removed the silver piping, 2x long 8mm bolts attaching the EGR body to the engine and also the 2x short 10mm bolts connecting EGR body to the cooler, it won’t budge. I’m assuming it’s never been removed before so it may have just bonded but it’s so firmly in place that it’s as though there’s another bolt somewhere that I can’t see. Does anyone recall if there are only the 2 bolts attaching EGR to engine (or a hidden 3rd one) or is it typical for the EGR to come away very hard if it's never been removed before as though it’s bonded itself. I'm afraid of applying any force.

Last edited:
There's a parts diagram for the Cit C5 with the RHR engine, with the number of fixings at:

PS Peugeot at:

Last edited:
Hi all. This is to anyone who has successfully removed the EGR valve on the 407 2.0 HDi with the DW10BTED414 motor RHR. Mine’s a 2008 model and I’m trying to get the EGR off for cleaning. Having removed the silver piping, 2x long 8mm bolts attaching the EGR body to the engine and also the 2x short 10mm bolts connecting EGR body to the cooler, it won’t budge. I’m assuming it’s never been removed before so it may have just bonded but it’s so firmly in place that it’s as though there’s another bolt somewhere that I can’t see. Does anyone recall if there are only the 2 bolts attaching EGR to engine (or a hidden 3rd one) or is it typical for the EGR to come away very hard if it's never been removed before as though it’s bonded itself. I'm afraid of applying any force.