E-toll tags

mikey.b

Fellow Frogger
Hi I am new here,
I wonder if anyone has had problems with their e-toll tags, when attached to my Peugeot it never works, but works fine in my wife's Astra.

The RTA blames Peugeot, Peugeot Aust. says RTA need get the system to work better.

regards

I assume you have a modern pug (206 or 307)?
If so, it is due to the special coating on your windscreen which prevents the e-tags working. There should be a special little section on the windscreen that doesn't have the purple tint (usually right behind the rear-view mirror). Stick it behind there.

E Tag works fine in my 206. I have been using it for about a year now.

I drive across the harbour bridge every day.

I keep the toll tag in my side console thingy, just hold it up to the windscreen as I drive through. I hate the look of those stupid things stuck onto the windscreen.

206's have athermic windscreens.

You need to put the tag over the 'black shaded' bit of the windscreen near the mirror for it to work.

Welcome to Aussiefrogs mikey - would you like a sticker? wink

Derek

Derek.

Not saying you are wrong about the athermic windscreens, but the E toll tag works fine in my 206.

I keep it beside me and place it up to my windscreen, just directly infront of me in the middle of the windscreen and it works fine...
:confused:

I mainly use it on the Habrour brige (every day) and a fair bit on the eastern distributer.

Thanks guys, I tried various positions, but have been flashed twice, I'll try them all.

On a different, note I am thinking of updating the 206GTi, for something else, any ideas 307XSE / 206GTi180

cheers

GTi 180!!!

unless you get like a 205Mi16 or something.

But if you currently got a 206GTi, doubt you will like the 307. I would with out a doubt go for the GTi180.

mikey.b:
Thanks guys, I tried various positions, but have been flashed twice, I'll try them all.
If flashers are what tickles your fancy. wink

On a different, note I am thinking of updating the 206GTi, for something else, any ideas 307XSE / 206GTi180

cheers
Take a Clio Sport for a long run around the block.
Arguably the 205gti replacement even though it doesnt have a Pug badge.

Yeah I would love to testdrive one of them. They handle DAMN DAMN well :) I have seen one hamering it round some bends before, looks like fun :)

Still rekon a 307GTi wouldn't be a good 206GTi or 306GTi replacement as far as driving pleasure goes.

Some1 today was telling me about a guy in Sweeden who completely wrote off his 206RC (gti180) just 2 months after buying it...at the time his 5door 206XR was for sale, he quickly took it of the market and put almost all of the 206RC parts, including brake discs, pads, engine, gearbox, clutch, etc... and basically converted his 5door XR into a 180HP beast...he then got addicted and did some work and got it up to 190HP.

Sounds awsome, I will have to try and search the net for it, hopefully I will be able to find the story and pictures.

It reminds me of WRCPUG's 306XR N3 to GTI6 Conversion, only on a sweeter scale :)

NBJ,

come to the next Wakefield, there should be few Clio's there (Clio Cup is trying to bring some friends). Im sure you would get to see the Clio's in action and prob wouldnt be a prob being taken for spin in one.

FYI 14th August.

mikey.b:

cheers
I had lots of problems with sticking mine on the window. If I held it up to the screen it was fine, but if I stuck it on, it would not work unless it was inside the black dotted area around the rear view mirror. Since permanently sticking it there, it works 100% of the time.

mikey.b:
Will they bring a 307GTi to Australia, a 133kw engine would do wonders for the 307.
The 307cc is the new 307GTi with 133kw and all.

- XTC206 -

PS: if you want 206GTi info check out <a href="http://www.206gti.net" target="_blank">206GTi.net</a>