Ds3 air con

Zed

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all.
Having issues with my air con, it does not blow hot air. The compressor works once i connect it to a 12v supply, there is gas in thr lines, all fuses are, have changed the fan control module.
I want to check out the relay in the BSI. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the BSI or which relay it is?
Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No cold air coming out.
I took to an air con guy and he diagnosed it. There were 2 faults coming up. The first one was Air Compressor Clutch Fault and the second Unexpected Re initialisation Fault coming from the BSI.
He advised to look into the BSI issue first prior to replacing the compressor.

Do you have the code value? Can the fan run with 12v applied to its terminal?

0994 for the air con clutch fault and 05FF for the unexpected re initialisation of the BSI.
The fan does not kick in when you switch the air con on. The fan only kicks in when the temp gauge reaches half way.

I meant the aircon fan. 05FF isn't listed in the official PSA code manual, but has been spotted often enough as a general BSI (body computer) internal fault. Have you had the battery disconnected? Some extraordinary things can happen if the procedure isn't followed.

I'd do a disconnect and walk away for 10 minutes, and touch nothing, to give the BSI plenty of time to shut down, as it continuously monitors things eg doors and seats. Then reconnect and have another cuppa to give it time to boot itself and reset without early sensor interruptions. You may lose the clock and radio presets. Remote key loss is unlikely, but the procedure for recovering this is in the handbook.

Are you referring to the internal fan inside the cabin, that works fine.
The radiator fan comes on when the temp reaches half way and then the intercooler fan as well.
Have done the reset as well as per manual, still the same outcome.
Do you know where I can get the air con schematic drawings? Thanks

I have many diagrams but not that one. Someone with sedre may drop in with it.

My spec sheet says that DStyle and DSport turbo models differ - the later has the auto AC functions. Which is yours?

I have many diagrams but not that one. Someone with sedre may drop in with it.

My spec sheet says that DStyle and DSport turbo models differ - the later has the auto AC functions. Which is yours?
Hi.
My model is the DSport turbo with auto AC. Also check out the pic attached on model type which came up on a scanning tool

Attachments

• 20240118_142640.jpg
    20240118_142640.jpg
    864.4 KB · Views: 31
5FV = EP6DT turbo engine DS3, therefore auto AC control, should anybody have the diagram.
I have checked, I don't have this one.

See if you can stitch these together. I guessed an RPO number of 13000.

Cheers, Ken

Attachments

• AIRCON B.png
    AIRCON B.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 44
  • AIRCON A.png
    AIRCON A.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Ken. I did a quick convert -append to tile them but failed to notice the two diagrams have a margin. The colours strengthen nicely.

The compressor is item 8020. Looks like there is a clutch and a modulating valve. The valve controls the compressors' volumetric out put.
The BSM (PSF1) is complaining that there is no continuity between it and the aircon compressor clutch coil. Zed has managed to energize the clutch, therefore, the problem is not the clutch. So the fault is either in the wiring and connectors OR the problem is internal to the BSM.
Late model BSM'S are "potted" and are impossible to repair.

The "unexpected re initialization" fault tends to be innocuous. It seems to be more for informational purposes, so I wouldn't worry about that.

One odd thing is that the aircon compressor is shown as an ECU on the circuit diagram??

There would be some circuit or chip "intelligence" there in 8080. The DS3 DSport has an auto function like the C5, but without the dual zones. As in the C5, select a temperature, then press auto, and forget about it. It sorts out the variable fan speeds.

Thanks all. On another thread they were saying that if the electric thermostat on the engine cooling is playing up, it stops the A/C from working. I had the car rescanned with a Carly ODB2 adaptor and it come up with P2602, P0598 and P0599, does this change things?

I don't know what P2602 might mean in practice. The pump isn't electric, unless the drive wheel isn't engaging.

The other two are failure of the thermostat housing pilot heater (elec errors). This is under engine ECU control and can open the thermostat valve if driving conditions require it by heating the surroundings. It has 2 pins, 1 is the heater resistance feed, 2 is the command line. Normally the main pump is disengaged and the thermostat is closed at start.

I don't know what P2602 might mean in practice. The pump isn't electric, unless the drive wheel isn't engaging.

The other two are failure of the thermostat housing pilot heater (elec errors). This is under engine ECU control and can open the thermostat valve if driving conditions require it by heating the surroundings. It has 2 pins, 1 is the heater resistance feed, 2 is the command line. Normally the main pump is disengaged and the thermostat is closed at start.
Is there a control module for the thermostat under the ECU? How can i test it or bypass it to see if it is affecting the A/C?
Is the main pump electric? How does it get disengaged, or did you mean the turbo/aux pump?

is the 5 amp fuse for the turbo pump blown if so dsconn the pump replace the fuse and test the ac
I had checked all the fuses, and where ok. Does the fuse blow if the turbo pump fails? I ll check this fuse again. Is it in the engine bay fuse box?