DS23 IE BW auto start circuit

keepsmiling

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Tadpole
Hey all, I am trying to get my head around the below circuit diagram, unfortunately the manual is hurting my little brain a bit, not hard to do.

Does anyone know the pin layout of the BW auto switch(69)? I'm not sure which is the start and reverse pins. Also, what is number 15?

BW auto starter circuit.png

69 is just a simple make/break start inhibitor switch. The wire from the starter switch to the starter solenoid is run via the switch and it will only crank when the two terminals marked R are connected in P and I presume N. The other two terminals will be the reverse switch supplying 12V from the ignition switch to the reverse lamps (64,65?).

So the power flows like this?

When the key is switched on and the BW switch is in either P or N and the start button(15?) is pushed, it pulls power via the start relay to supply big power to the starter motor?

BW start circuit.png

The first diagram looks like a harness layout to show how the BW harness joins the car’s main wiring. The start switch is at the other end of the front loom red sleeved wire.

The secrets of a DS. It looks like someone in past tried to install a manual fan switch but was forgotten about behind the dashboard and not installed into the dash....lol
IMG_20240324_140817740.jpg
IMG_20240324_140856794.jpg

I got confused why there are 4 wires to the thermal switch (68 above) for radiator water.

I want to thank a member (Jason) here who contacted me last night to shed the light on some of the wiring that is hidden in my DS.
I now have good insight on how to reconcile the wiring to factory spec.

Well, the DS is back to factory spec wiring, well almost, I wasn't aware that my DS should not have a push button start, apparently a BW auto should be a key start. I have kept it as a push button start because the push button and bezel (same bezel as the key bezel) is from another DS, I do like the push button.

ps; does anyone have spare bullet wire connectors they wish to sell?