DS21 ie fuel tank issue.

Ok.... tank mods complete.

Conversion to left camber pickup, with Vee baffles and outlet at the front edge, so it's easier to remove or refit the tank.

Is it just me or is it always the case, that it's impossible to remove the tank without kinking the nylon tube(s)?
20210909_162549.jpg

Did you fit a reservoir as well as the baffles? The EFI system really doesn't tolerate air in the fuel line which is why there's a reservoir around the pickup. If the engine speed drops below 400rpm the systems shuts off completely

Did you fit a reservoir as well as the baffles? The EFI system really doesn't tolerate air in the fuel line which is why there's a reservoir around the pickup. If the engine speed drops below 400rpm the systems shuts off completely
It won't get air until there's none left!

The interlocking Vee baffles create concentric chambers of ever decreasing size.
Any sloshing action, in any direction, forcefully feeds the fuel into the centre chamber, whet the pickup is 5mm of the floor (inside the 5mm depression where the drain plug is). There is also an anti vortex plate, about 75mm diameter, mounted horizontally about 5mm above the pickup.
If there is no sloshing, on a level flat road, normal gravity applies and the low point (the pickup) gets the fuel.

I'll test it thoroughly including running it out, several times, and check how much is left when it stops.

First test is today, starting by just putting 1 litre in!
Watch this space.

That sounds promising. 1L sounds ambitious, particularly if the fuel rail isn't primed, I've run mine down to about 5L where it started misfiring and eventually yanked the vacuum line off the MAP which sooted up all the plugs and dropped the engine back to 2 cylinders.

I can report that 1L was enough.... Just!
Report...
Yes, the whole fuel system was empty, so I put a jumper wire on the pump power lead, and it took a bit to build to pressure.
Then, I put the pump power back to normal, and started it.
Just after the car started to lift..... rear first of course, it started to suck air.
Another litre got it up and purring.

Now, a couple of bits to refit, then a roadtest....