Drivers/front Seats in a 205

Justin B

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the difference is (if there is) between seriues 1 205 GTI seats and series 3 205 GTI seats).

I've noticed that the seats in my series 1 doesn't have any lumbar support, and so I get a bit of a sore back on long drives (read: peak hour traffic)...

If I can't source a drivers seat with lumbar from the 205 range (i.e bolt in and out)... I think I'll have to get myself a sparco style seat or something like that... which is expensive..

Justin

<small>[ 10 October 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Justin B ]</small>

can you just add some foam behind the cushion to increase (or customise) the lumbar support there? it's worked on my 206

Yea.. that is an idea.. I've been using a towel, but it moves and isn't uniform in shape.

The other concern that I have is the head rest only comes up to my sholders. I.e if I get rear ended by another car, I could get my neck snapped if the hit was big enough..

Justin

lucin:
can you just add some foam behind the cushion to increase (or customise) the lumbar support there? it's worked on my 206

you might be able to find an furniture upholster who could do that for you. they would probably be cheaper than a automotive upholster.

just need to take out the seats and give it to them. i just had my driver's side seat repaired and did this. it not to difficult. just need the right tool, its the star type, or tamper proof will do as well. its quite a big section though T40-T60?

i don't think there is any difference, i did notice on a S3 that the head rest was adjustable, with a locking tpe device at the shaft. BUT i was lifting my S2 seats by the head rest the other day when low and behold they came off!

and i thought they were fixed. i think there is one notch that you can move them up. so grab some WD40 and ave go bro.

good luck.
funny i've found the pug seat perfect for my body, compared to my old corrolla, i had the same complaints ur having i had on that car! the pug is perfect. how tall are you then???

renn_205:
funny i've found the pug seat perfect for my body, compared to my old corrolla, i had the same complaints ur having i had on that car! the pug is perfect. how tall are you then???
I'm 5 10" or 175cm...

My cordia turbo was perfect, my VR4 had recaro's and they were yummy.. but the pug seats cause my back to ache.. :( I need lumbar support... from all the years my body has taken abuse from cricket (bowling) competitive squash and tennis as well as navigating in rally cars.. my lower back is a weak link...

you can get a fibreglass sparco seat from the UK for 250aussie.. I might get one of those and ship it out... 5 kilo's should be nice and cheap... but then you have to get an engineer to mount it.. :(

Justin