Drivers door adjustment for a BX

MichaelBX

Tadpole
Tadpole
Gday,
Is it possible to adjust the drivers side door for a BX? Mines started to sag a bit and knocking the back door and or slightly catching.
Cheers,
Michael.

Michael I guess the hinges are welded. here is the answer that i actually did to my daughters car last week. I learnt this from a panel beater by the way.
Get your floor jack and some suitable pieces of softwood, or a jack that is easily controlled. 4x2s OR similar or thicker as required. Position the jack under the rear of the door and use the timber to pack under the door where it will act without damaging it, with the door only just open a bit. then jack it up a bit and hold the door to stabilise it. Release and check it for shutting. Repeat till it is bent up a bit. Slowly slowly till it is good.
Good luck. jaahn

I rekcon I have a special tool my father made to adjsut the drivers door on his 30years ago here somewhere. Think piece of metal with a cut in it so you can bend the sh!t out of the hinge :eek:

Michael I guess the hinges are welded. here is the answer that i actually did to my daughters car last week. I learnt this from a panel beater by the way.
Get your floor jack and some suitable pieces of softwood, or a jack that is easily controlled. 4x2s OR similar or thicker as required. Position the jack under the rear of the door and use the timber to pack under the door where it will act without damaging it, with the door only just open a bit. then jack it up a bit and hold the door to stabilise it. Release and check it for shutting. Repeat till it is bent up a bit. Slowly slowly till it is good.
Good luck. jaahn
Sounds like a plan!!
Thanks heaps!!