Does anyone remember Hazel Motors North Parramatta?

Cruise504

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

I've been reminiscing (as I often do) about my childhood lately, and remembering my visits to Hazel Motors with Dad back in the 80's. I remember drooling over the then new 505 GTi's and Executive's, with their terrific looking alloy wheels and plush leather interiors that we're sitting in the showroom and on the forecourt. For anyone who doesn't remember this place, they were a small (I think independent) dealership in North Parramatta, near where Brooks tyres are now, and roughly across from the Mazda dealer.

I was lucky to have had French cars around me from a young age (Dad had a 504, family friends a Renault 16TS) and we often dropped in to look at the latest models.

Does anyone else have any memories of the place? Better yet, photos? Any Hazel Motors (or other old style dealer stickers) on anyone's rear windows perhaps? I'm not one for stickers, but I'd love a Hazel Motors sticker on my 504's rear window. I'd go to the trouble of having a few made, if I could just remember what they look like!!

any memories, please share!

Cheers,
Brett

How about any old dealer memories? I remember another small Peugeot garage in Moss Vale, that may still be there. Then there was Roy McPhee and Leo Geoghegan's place on Victoria Road. Any good (or bad) memories?

I used to go to Hazel Motors all the time to get R8 and 10 parts. I was recently in North Parramatta and it is still a dealership, part of West End Mazda.
I remember hearing a bit of an urban legend regarding them having some rare Renaults bricked up under the spares shop!!!??? I doubt that was true but sounded great when I was young.

I think both Neville and his son Craig have been members on AF years ago but I haven't seen them recently. I used to visit Neville occasionally and buy R8 parts when he was on Windsor road Box hill, after he sold up the dealership but he moved furher north and I lost touch.

I would also like to reproduce the dealership decal for either Hazells or E&A motors for my R8's.
I was tempted by Paul T's recent Seymours one, but I never had anything to do with them.

I think both Neville and his son Craig have been members on AF years ago but I haven't seen them recently. I used to visit Neville occasionally and buy R8 parts when he was on Windsor road Box hill, after he sold up the dealership but he moved furher north and I lost touch.

I would also like to reproduce the dealership decal for either Hazells or E&A motors for my R8's.
I was tempted by Paul T's recent Seymours one, but I never had anything to do with them.

Um yup, sounds like a true anorak to me..

I remember them and also Cloughs on Canterbury Rd Bankstown. They were my "go to" back in the early 70's. And I'd often drop in Colliers on Woodville Rd too.

Our family was a regular customer of Simonetta Motors in Brookvale, Sydney.
Don Simonetta was a hardworking italian and true gentleman. over the years my Dad bought a 404, 504, R10, R12 and my original R16TS was serviced by Don and his son.

Thanks for the input guys. I'd really like to reproduce a dealer sticker (I'll go with Hazell Motors as it's the place I remember the best), but I'd need a template or something to copy. That's the hard bit!

I recall (?) Hazell's as being regular sponsors of various car club events between the 70's and early 80's

Before my time, but it's possible. I know Renauli's did. They had an R10 they used to loan out - presumably to Juniors.

DSC_2483.jpg

late coming but was this the hazel motors that was located where Parramatta City GWM Haval is now?

Leo Geoghegan's place on Victoria Road
I remember a young bloke trying out a car there, and trying to impress Leo with his self-assessed driving skill. I asked Leo how he put up with it, but he just said it goes with selling cars.

Damon Beck was there after Leo.

Used to go to Hazels all the time with father

My g/father used to go there as well

My father nearly bought a car from Roy but it wasn't what it should have been (Shady one)

Allan was a good friend and i still miss him to this day from Moss vale
The dealership still exists but it is no longer family owned

My father bought two 604's through Damon when he was at renault australia/JRA

Close - it's the shop next door at 597 Church St. Now a West End Mazda used car showroom and the Isuzu Trucks place next door sells Peugeot vans.

Historic photo
0713f28415465b7386637ee743d5341602629e4d.jpg
Yes I believe it was my family’s dealership my dad worked there with his dad, Mum and uncle! Was trying to find more detail on it! Was great to come across this thread! Would love to hear anymore stories!

Is this the former dealer who had a shed full of old model Pug parts out Wilberforce way?