distressed bushing

Steven King

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
while there's a couple of picasso topics active - this poorly illustrates the very obvious:
top mount.jpg

'... local “ Dealer “ also did roadworthy - replacing CV boot and both wishbones - but overlooking top engine mount ...'
Q. how or why could it be overlooked?
is it not worth fixing?
passing strange, given the poor guy basically had his wallet open asking them to help themselves ....

Last edited:
not even as an engine mount or part thereof ?
the control arm bushing surprised me, having only done 140k ...

Its not a roadworthy item. the Cv boots and suspension bushes are
Is that a Victorian thing?
This excerpt is from the QLD "Light Vehicle Inspection Manual".
I know last time I was in Vic tailshaft universal joints weren't on the checklist.🤦‍♂️

20230816_094732.jpg

not even as an engine mount or part thereof ?
the control arm bushing surprised me, having only done 140k ...
Victoria ??

Anything that doesn't like perfect in photos is replaced. Function doesn't seem to really mater. Only the photos that "prove" they have done right.

Is that a Victorian thing?
This excerpt is from the QLD "Light Vehicle Inspection Manual".
I know last time I was in Vic tailshaft universal joints weren't on the checklist.🤦‍♂️

View attachment 226016

I'm guessing I'm wrong then. I've never had anyone mention something like engine mounts to me in a roadworthy :)

It's only the torque link. The engine is still securely mounted to the frame via the engine mounting. The link just controls fore-aft movement, but even with a broken rubber there is still limited movement so is it in fact a failure point? It's part# 9816338580 and about $100 for the genuine item from a dealer, so probably something that should have been replaced. The mount will sag too and then it transmits vibration when there is contact.

I will add to this that the RH upper engine mount is sold under part# 9816339580 and is around $250 via the dealers. It is a hydraulic mounting pressed into a casting with a second casting bonded to the rubber.

Last edited: