Diagbox Printout.

Zeus

Tadpole
Tadpole
After running a diagnosis I am unable to print the faults report, when the print window appears the only options are "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" and "Fax".
I hooked my laptop that I use diagbox to my Canon Printer but the options dont change, can anyone advise me as to how I can printout the report???

Are you using a virtual machine? It may not be able to access your printer drivers.

Use the MS XPS document writer option. It will save a PDF for you, which you can then print from any number of programs outside of the virtual machine.

Did you actually install the appropriate Canon printer driver (and set the printer to "Default")? If you have, have you closed Diagbox down and restarted (ideally rebooted the computer)? The software is unlikely to 'see' the new driver otherwise.

I'm guessing that, like me, you are using a Windows XP computer to run Diagbox. XP is not as good at automatically installing drivers as later versions (eg. Windows 10). If you have the printer driver on floppy/CD/USB stick then no problem, but if you have to connect the XP machine to the Internet to get a driver make sure Diagbox/PP2000/Lexia is/are closed! As I'm sure you know, if your copy of the software sees an Internet connection, it may try and update itself, but this will likely result in it being disabled by the update server. This would then require you to uninstall Diagbox/PP2000/Lexia and reinstall from scratch - not something you want to do.

Edit: looks like you are using a virtual machine - see Scotty's answer above

I do have Canon printer installed on the laptop and am runnimg virtual machine windows 7.
I will do another fault diagnosis and see if it will print with Mcrosoft XPS.
Cheers

Well still unable to print-out fault. clicked on Microsoft XPS printer (Canon printer connected to laptop) (Microsoft XPS still the only option)and the window disappeared, and no printing!!
Any ideas?