Detonation

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
unfortunately electric motors will make this process largely redundant

by short term you must mean the next decade or five :clown: We'll get there!
In January 2021 there were 20.1 million cars registered in Australia. In 2020, 1.06 million new cars were sold in Australia. If we were to assume that only EV cars were sold in Australia, it would take 20 years to replace the current car fleet. In reality I think it will take wee bit longer.

In January 2021 there were 20.1 million cars registered in Australia. In 2020, 1.06 million new cars were sold in Australia. If we were to assume that only EV cars were sold in Australia, it would take 20 years to replace the current car fleet. In reality I think it will take wee bit longer.
I'll be getting one once those $50K government subsidies come into play.😉

I'll be getting one once those $50K government subsidies come into play.😉

They will be loosing a huge amount of revenue from falling fossil fuel sales. I would expect big "usage" charges, not subsidies in an attempt to regain the lost revenue.

They will be loosing a huge amount of revenue from falling fossil fuel sales. I would expect big "usage" charges, not subsidies in an attempt to regain the lost revenue.
Correct, the road usage charge for EVs is already in play in at least one state and in the pipeline for the others. Touted as "minor" at present, we'll see what the future brings.🤷‍♂️

Just for reference, this is talking about a rocket engine....
One of these?😉😆

20221005_090937.jpg