Deltamics Forever

dauphproto

Fellow Frogger
Just a short announcement
Have just seen the latest renders for a re manufactured Deltamic as a 3 piece alloy modular wheel that has all the advantages (size options removeable centre caps) and no disadvantages
They will have the centre forward and have concealed bolts, so will look like a 2 piece wheel
The guy in the UK doing this is an enthusiast and I mentioned that if the wheels were shipped as centres only or in kit form it would minimise the freight
I will post up some renders shortly
They could be 13" or 14" The thinking being that anyone with a standard car could go 14" and not cripple the already short gearing these cars have, also being able to go from about 4" to 16" wide covers all tastes
Is there any interest?? I will try to get costs sorted out as well, so you have something to work from
These will be a top quality product, as good as PLS, Madin or Gotti and they will be significantly cheaper.

They should look like original Deltamics the early 2 piece 6 spokes were Gottis
There were 2 piece ally/steel and a monoblock alloy which is more unusual
These will have a modern cast centre and have polished Rims or you could paint them which would make them hard to tell from originals
A thought I had would be to supply them as kits. It would make the box a helluva lot smaller, may make the freight cost bearable.

1652303924307.png
1652303924307.png

1652304044949.png

There are also the sized technical drawings which I have seen, but not allowed to share as he is a few quid into this
There is also a cast centre cap with the Deltamic logo on it
He lives in Sheffield which has the last remnants of British metalworking
More info as I get it

The kit is a good idea regards freight. During testing and development we used to get lots of centre lock BBS centres with inner and outer rim sections to order. The box was not too big or heavy for air freight. Cost was covered by freight sponsors ;)

So nothing to do with Image Wheels Steven?
No The centres are being done independently and the rims are coming from Mike Barnby. He did rims for my Gottis at half the price and they are superlight. Image nice, but steelies are lighter.

No The centres are being done independently and the rims are coming from Mike Barnby. He did rims for my Gottis at half the price and they are superlight. Image nice, but steelies are lighter.
So, could I just buy centers and use the rim halves from my (soon to be delivered) Image RAs? Oh, but the offset is different between new Delta Mics and Images, right?

So, could I just buy centers and use the rim halves from my (soon to be delivered) Image RAs? Oh, but the offset is different between new Delta Mics and Images, right?
In a word I don't know. Image tend to use old compomotive rim dimentions and bolt patterns. These new deltas may be unusual due to trying to keep the original centre dimentions

From what Steven posted the "new Deltamics" are bolted to the rim differently to Image RA's which have 18 bolts. But nothing wrong with the Image RA's...I have them on my A110....13x6

Attachments

• FINAL FITT UP (1).jpg
    FINAL FITT UP (1).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 85