Deca

GRAHAM WALLIS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The annual PCCV day at DECA is on again on the 7th of November.
We will again use the huge Skid Pan, the figures of eight circuit, and the long circuit for driving tests and timed laps. We are using a slightly different layout for the timed laps this year.
As usual you will be able join the PCCV on the day and CAMS licences will be available for newcomers.
If you have left your CAMS licence lapse you will need to renew this with CAMS beforehand.
Regulations and entry forms attached to this post. You also need to send the disclaimer.
Graham

Attachments

• DECA 04.doc
    30 KB · Views: 262
  • Disclaimer.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 224
  • DECA entry.doc
    26 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
GRAHAM WALLIS said:
The annual PCCV day at DECA is on again on the 7th of November.
We will again use the huge Skid Pan, the figures of eight circuit, and the long circuit for driving tests and timed laps. We are using a slightly different layout for the timed laps this year.
As usual you will be able join the PCCV on the day and CAMS licences will be available for newcomers.
If you have left your CAMS licence lapse you will need to renew this with CAMS beforehand.
Regulations and entry forms attached to this post. You also need to send the disclaimer.
Graham
nudge

Graham, I'm the secretary of the (Mazda) Rotary car club in Canberra (as well as being a Froggy fan) and I was wondering which permit the Deca sprints are run under? I see in the supp regs that they are "single car sprints" - are they [edit: disregard "are they" :doh: ]

The entry costs for this sort of day are very affordable for the variety of experience that is offered and sounds like something we should try to run here in Canberra (though I think I'd have trouble convincing some of the members to take their 17" wheeled RX-3s on dirt! :confused: )

(I would have PM'd but apparently Graham's inbox is full. :( )

Last edited:
graham i should be there, sounds like a great event. I know last years sounded great.

btw any news on my membership?:)

I wish I could go this year, but it's not going to happen.
It's a great day everyone - and well worth the trip up/down for.

Vegas,

The single car sprint is single - one car on the track at a time.
Unfortunately last year a couple of cars had mishaps when cornering, but other than that it went very smoothly.

Derek :cool:

DeKa said:
The single car sprint is single - one car on the track at a time.
Unfortunately last year a couple of cars had mishaps when cornering, but other than that it went very smoothly.

"mishaps" - I can imagine.

I'm just curious as to what type of CAMS permit they are run under because it would be cool to hire the local driver training facility for some sprints.

Depending on the permit cost (and venue hire) it could work out cheaper for us than a trip to Wakefield Park in Goulburn for an open practice day.

Graham,

I attended last years event and had a blast.

I would be very keen to attend again this year, however I am not a PCCV member.

David Cavanagh has informed me that DECA will not be run as a multi-club event this year, is there any other way around the membership issue?

Regards,

Richard Vandermeer

purrr-geot said:
graham i should be there, sounds like a great event. I know last years sounded great.

btw any news on my membership?:)

Asanka,
I have confirmed that the forms have gone missing so I will have to replace all of the paper work, I will be doing this as soon as possible
Graham

Vegas said:
"mishaps" - I can imagine.

I'm just curious as to what type of CAMS permit they are run under because it would be cool to hire the local driver training facility for some sprints.

Depending on the permit cost (and venue hire) it could work out cheaper for us than a trip to Wakefield Park in Goulburn for an open practice day.

The venue hire is $1500 and the permit is $781 (closed to club speed event). Morwell hillclimb hire was a lot cheaper.
All entrants must have CAMS 2S licences at a cost of around $80.
Graham

Vegas said:
Graham, I'm the secretary of the (Mazda) Rotary car club in Canberra (as well as being a Froggy fan) and I was wondering which permit the Deca sprints are run under? I see in the supp regs that they are "single car sprints" - are they [edit: disregard "are they" :doh: ]

The entry costs for this sort of day are very affordable for the variety of experience that is offered and sounds like something we should try to run here in Canberra (though I think I'd have trouble convincing some of the members to take their 17" wheeled RX-3s on dirt! :confused: )

(I would have PM'd but apparently Graham's inbox is full. :( )

What made you think there was dirt involved? The event is all bitumen and concrete (in the case of the skid pan).
Graham

mistareno said:
Graham,

I attended last years event and had a blast.

I would be very keen to attend again this year, however I am not a PCCV member.

David Cavanagh has informed me that DECA will not be run as a multi-club event this year, is there any other way around the membership issue?

Regards,

Richard Vandermeer

Phil is trying to work out the membership issue, contact him direct.
We would been happy to make it a multi club event but there didn't seem to be enough interst to pay for the extra permit fee involved.
Graham

GRAHAM WALLIS said:
Phil is trying to work out the membership issue, contact him direct.
We would been happy to make it a multi club event but there didn't seem to be enough interst to pay for the extra permit fee involved.
Graham

I have since found out that David C is making some enquiries with Phil Torode and he will hopefully fill me in at the RCCV GM tonight.

Thanks,

Richard Vandermeer

Graham - thanks for the information. :cheers:

GRAHAM WALLIS said:
What made you think there was dirt involved? The event is all bitumen and concrete (in the case of the skid pan).
Graham

I thought there was dirt because the supp regs say "Single Car Sprint, Khanacross and Motorkhana". I was under the impression that khanacrosses had to be on "unsealed" surfaces. :confused:

GRAHAM WALLIS said:
Asanka,
I have confirmed that the forms have gone missing so I will have to replace all of the paper work, I will be doing this as soon as possible
Graham

No worries Graham,
Would/has this meant my CAMS licence hasnt been put through?? Reason i ask is cause i havent received anything from them since Morwell :)

Thanks

Vegas said:
Graham - thanks for the information. :cheers:

I thought there was dirt because the supp regs say "Single Car Sprint, Khanacross and Motorkhana". I was under the impression that khanacrosses had to be on "unsealed" surfaces. :confused:

Yes, you are right, I think the proper description is "Autotest".
Graham

Graham are there still places left for the event, im planning to come now.

Btw i'll mail out my cams form on monday, i've been quite busy with uni of late:)

purrr-geot said:
Graham are there still places left for the event, im planning to come now.

Btw i'll mail out my cams form on monday, i've been quite busy with uni of late:)

Phil Torode is the organiser, don't know how things are going at the moment as I have been flat out the World Mountain Bike Orienteering Championships. Phil's details are in the regulations.

Graham