Dauphine Gordini Marathon

marquesports

Fellow Frogger
I started this project 3 years ago and it has become an on again off again effort.

My Triumph 2000 rest is priority at the moment, I know, I know, but it's not as big a job and I need a good reliable road car.

The Dauphine has been back to bare metal, hand file finished and prime red. The engine has a big bore kit 903cc from Jacques Rear Engine Renaults in the States, great guy to deal with. Upholstery has all been redone, blue with white piping for the seats. Steering wheel pearlised and brake drums redone along with new linings.

The white car is a spares car at the moment.

IMG_0081.jpgIMG_0082.jpgIMG_0083.jpgIMG_0084.jpgIMG_0085.jpg

You put this on hold for a Triumph. Triumph and reliability are an oximoron aren't they?
FLASH
PS unfortunately no British cars were injured in this exchange as this is a continuation of a discussion started many, many moons ago.

Niiice, it's good to see another one (or 2) saved, please keep us updated.

I agree, I hope to see more updates in the future. I love seeing Dauphines being brought back to life, especially to this extent :)
So what's going to happen to the white one ? Is it beyond rescuing ?
Thanks for sharing your project so far

Thanks for the constructive comments, Flash you should know better there are Triumphs and the vanquished. The white one looks like the Wallaby's Rugby Team ran all over it, dents everywhere. After the first one's finished who knows, I am getting on in years 65, a smidgen older than Flash but not wiser.

ok, so the white Dauphine needs to go to a panel beaters trade school for the apprentices to learn panel beating skills on, then hand it over to me once they've got it perfect :clown: