Dark green R16 wanted for movie in Melbounre

Craig

Fellow Frogger
Hi, I got an email from:
Freelance.PortProductions@clemenger.com.au

as follows:

To Whom it May Concern

I am writing to you from Port Productions in Melbourne. We are currently producing a fashion commercial for television. The director has expressed an interest in obtaining a dark green (or similar) Renault 16 (or similar) for the shoot which takes place this Friday 5th March 2004. I realise this is very short notice! If you could reply with any information you may have on where I might be able to access such a vehicle it would be enourmously appreciated. Should we find a car that suits our purposes a hire fee would be negotiated. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kate McTernan
Production Manager Port Productions

Maybe someone wants their car to be star

Craig said:
Hi, I got an email from:
Freelance.PortProductions@clemenger.com.au

as follows:

To Whom it May Concern

I am writing to you from Port Productions in Melbourne. We are currently producing a fashion commercial for television. The director has expressed an interest in obtaining a dark green (or similar) Renault 16 (or similar) for the shoot which takes place this Friday 5th March 2004. I realise this is very short notice! If you could reply with any information you may have on where I might be able to access such a vehicle it would be enourmously appreciated. Should we find a car that suits our purposes a hire fee would be negotiated. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kate McTernan
Production Manager Port Productions

Maybe someone wants their car to be star

Craig,

Curious - what is "similar" to a Renault 16??? There's an excellent green one for sale in Adelaide at present - one of those lost posts I imagine...

Are you in contact with the 16 fraternity in Melbourne?

I'd offer ours, but it's not green and it is in Perth!

Cheers

JohnW

No idea whats similar to a 16 other than a 6. I think they meant similar colour, eg blue, dark maroon etc. Not entirely sure.

Hi guy's

this is what I got in the e-mail, similar to above, but gives some more options on the car, I have to wonder why they want a renault in the ad, but then again it's an interesting idea..........

To Whom it May Concern
I am writing to you from Port Productions in Melbourne. We are currently producing a fashion commercial for television. The director has expressed an interest in obtaining a dark green (or similar) Renault 16/15/17 (or similar) for the shoot which takes place this Friday 5th March 2004.
I realise this is very short notice! If you could reply with any information you may have on where I might be able to access such a vehicle it would be enourmously appreciated.
Should we find a car that suits our purposes a hire fee would be negotiated.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Kate McTernan
Production Manager
Port Productions

I was just wondering how many dark green renaults would be around of that kind....... in good condition, R 15 16 17 are quite thin on the ground, and even rarer in excellent condition........

Not like the good old days of the 80's when there were quite a few more around, I feel why would anyone have the old ones now that renault are back selling new ones. We were maybe lucky here in australia as we did not have any factory sales here for so long, maybe people kept their old renaults going, but now thats there tons of new one to choose from the older renaults have dropped off.

Just a simple idea.............

To whom it concerns,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to use renault 15, 16 ,17 in our television commercial.

Unfortunately the director has decided not to use a car in the commercial at all! So I won't be requiring one.

Again thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kate McTernan
Production Manager
Port Productions

JohnW said:
Craig,

Curious - what is "similar" to a Renault 16??? There's an excellent green one for sale in Adelaide at present - one of those lost posts I imagine...

Are you in contact with the 16 fraternity in Melbourne?

I'd offer ours, but it's not green and it is in Perth!

Cheers

JohnW

A Citroen GS....'all these bloody French cars look the same...weird and ugly...and bloody expensive lil' critters' (quoted from these tradies that were checking out a Renault 5 turbo :D )