Damp carpet in Pluriel

JamesII

Fellow Frogger
I have been finding dampness under the floor mat on the driver's side of my Pluriel for some time now. It seemed to be independent of rain, but I am not 100% sure. Every time I was sure it had dried out and I put the floor mat back in to check if it was from rain getting in or air conditioner condensate, it damn well rained!!

The dealer has already had one crack at fixing this!

Anyhow, I finally got my car ramps back from a friend so I could crawl under and take a look at the A/C drain. To my surprise (and certain extent relief) I found the rubber grommet at the top of the centre tunnel (where the condensate drains through the floor) was just sitting there in stead of being pushed through the hole and all the way "home".

After about an hour of twisting, turning, contorting and reaching blindly behind the exhaust heat shield, the drain grommet is now in place and protruding some 10mm through the hole into the outside world. It's amazing how much easier soapy rubber slides through holes!!

Anyhow, has anybody else struck this problem? How likely is it that I have just fixed my damp carpet problem?

I wonder if I should bill Citroen for saving them from what I expect would have otherwise been a long drawn-out repeated warranty issue? :joker:

Last edited:
JamesII said:
It's amazing how much easier soapy rubber slides through holes!!
:joker:

Really? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

However, I'm sure a note to ATECO re this may be appreciated. It may save others from future hassles.

Well, get used to these quirky issues/problems with a Citroen, they'll be more coming your way :joker:

Not to hijack your thread, since i'll be posting a new one for this (with pictures), but i've just found out something extremely funny or sad with my C4.

You know how the side mirrors close in when you lock the car? Well... on the drivers side it's been scratching the paint as it closes.

You'd think Citroen would be smart enough to put some kind of rubber as to not scratch the paint.

I mean it's something so small and simple, what do they pay their R&D team for? More so the people who actually test the vehicles. :roflmao:

Uga Boga said:
Well, get used to these quirky issues/problems with a Citroen, they'll be more coming your way

Don't mis-understand me. I still think the Pluriel is a great little car. This, in the bigger picture, was a minor hiccup. I am just wanting to know if it is a common problem or not.

Hmmm... I wonder if I've sent every Pluriel owner scurrying for a set of car ramps? :confused: The grommet in question is visible at the front of the tunnel, just in front ot the exhaust heat shield. The hole is slightly off-centre (to the right) from the top of the tunnel. It is also visible from the top side if you slide the right seat all the way back and climb under the dash - but from the top you cannot see if it is pushed through the drain hole or not.

Last edited:
I had a very similar problem in my previous car (not a french car, and therefore not of any interest to anyone here).

Within 4-5 years, the blower fan karked it on account of rusting components which could only have been caused by that hose that had come off.

You might want to have the dealer investigate this further in case you end up with the same prob after the warranty expires.

An update on this...

It's been several days and a few showers of rain since I seated the A/C drain grommet through the floor. The day after doing this (still had not driven the car at that stage) I found the carpet still damp. To make sure there was no residual moisture, I worked half a cup of methylated spirits into the pile and left the car with the windows/roof open for the day.

To date, the carpet had remained bone dry. I'd say I've fixed it.

Is there a place in this forum to record fixes like this for future Pluriel owners? I can imagine other owners looking for (and blaming) leaking roofs when it was the A/C drain all the time.

Anyhow, has anybody else struck this problem? How likely is it that I have just fixed my damp carpet problem?

I think in the UK the Pluriel had lots of Major leaking issues there. Search on the Andyspares forum.