CX Wiper Timer Unit

doggiedog

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,
does anyone know where the Windscreen Wiper Timer Unit is located on a 1980 CX Pallas, as mine has stuck on, which means on intermittent, the wipers run constantly.
I'm guessing it might be in the dash somewhere. Hopefully it will be just a stuck contact.
Thanks
Terry

I'm certian it's in the binnacle itself, it looks like a relay (you can hear it clicking to easily identify it ....... only yours isn't clicking :roflmao: :roflmao: )....... Soooo, unplug everything that looks similar to a relay there until your wiper stops working.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
I'm certian it's in the binnacle itself, it looks like a relay (you can hear it clicking to easily identify it ....... only yours isn't clicking :roflmao: :roflmao: )....... Soooo, unplug everything that looks similar to a relay there until your wiper stops working.

seeya,
Shane L.

Mine is located in my left index finger, no clicking noise though.

cruiserman said:
Mine is located in my left index finger, no clicking noise though.

The new pallas should have intermitant ?? Only the supers don't have it.

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: You move the switch to the wrong side of "off' to get intermitant.

I didnt pull the binnacle apart, but today when I was driving, I put it on intermittent, and gave the binnacle a whack behind the wiper switch, and it is now working on intermittent. Guess it was a stuck contact, and it has behaved itself since.
Terry :tongue:

DoubleChevron said:
The new pallas should have intermitant ?? Only the supers don't have it.

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: You move the switch to the wrong side of "off' to get intermitant.

Oh ok clear as mud that one, Ill try it next it rains, gotta change the drive shaft boot for rego, it has a 10mm split in it. Bloody anally retentive mechanic, could have given me an advice instead of fail.

cruiserman said:
Oh ok clear as mud that one, Ill try it next it rains, gotta change the drive shaft boot for rego, it has a 10mm split in it. Bloody anally retentive mechanic, could have given me an advice instead of fail.

hi Neil, they are pedantic little buggers , aren't they. I guess our roads are a bit safer because of them though. :rolleyes:
Cheers...George 1/8th. :cheers: :cool: