Cx Roof Lining Board ??????

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
The turbo is back on its wheels but I could not resist investigating the saggy roof lining so pick pick and guess what I found shit :mad: :mad: after market sun roof and no liner board :eek: :eek: none nothing zilch no wonder the roof lining was sagging nothing there for it fix to just steel roof please please is there anyone in WA wrecking a CX I presume late model with a lining board any condition because I will have to carve up and adapt it around this great big lump in the roof .Even some photos would help I will post photo's of what I have found but you will need a strong stomach shit shit shit. OOO I discovered where the leak that presumabley caused the rust in the drivers floor pan was coming from ,the drain from the sun roof was just pouring into the a pillar and dribbling into the foot well no pipe to the outside wa..kers who put the sun roof in should be shot but then it doesnt rain in the UK does it ?

Oh dear, well, I think I might have said elsewhere that sunroofs on CX's, are bad news, and I really wasn't joking!
Both of my 22TRS cars have rotten roofs, but luckily for me, the turbo doesn't have a S/R, and so is as good as it left the factory. john s

Spares Car

GEEZE LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CAR FOR SPARES :confused: . It does'nt seem like there are any post 78 CX's being wrecked in WA . Anyone any where got a dead one :nownow:

ARCHRIVAL said:
GEEZE LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CAR FOR SPARES :confused: . It does'nt seem like there are any post 78 CX's being wrecked in WA . Anyone any where got a dead one :nownow:

Why don't you just cut one out of Marine Ply ... possibly masonite. Should be very simple if you have access to a jigsaw ...

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: Are you taking piccies of this !!! :D

Thanks Shane

I presume that the original board is contoured to the roof and has recesses for the rear visors and a lower strip down the centre . If all else fails I'll carve something up out of compressed fiber glass or such but as I have never had a good look at the shape of the roof lining in a CX I don't know what I'm missing !!! .Havent got near the car since sunday but the mess is still there so there will be photo's

ARCHRIVAL said:
I presume that the original board is contoured to the roof and has recesses for the rear visors and a lower strip down the centre . If all else fails I'll carve something up out of compressed fiber glass or such but as I have never had a good look at the shape of the roof lining in a CX I don't know what I'm missing !!! .Havent got near the car since sunday but the mess is still there so there will be photo's

Have you contacted (in Perth) either ACE (Association of Citroen Enthusiasts) or Chevron Down Under? They should know if there's anything around. Then it isn't going to cost much to get one from Adelaide if there's one being dismantled there.

JohnW

Nothing Nowhere

:cry: Thanks for the advice but it seems that there are no series 2 cars being wrecked in australia that have hood linings so on the weekend i started making up a new board that will fit around the sunroof and look tidy but other dramas keep on getting in the road the most tedious getting the drains to discharge outside the car see attached photos of exist just pissing into the sill section on the drivers side it was flipped out into the foot well I have managed to get some stiff auto cardboard and some carving foam and am attempting to sculpt a shape similar to the original this will incorpaerate a recess for the sunroof motor and interior light of which sections of the original sunroof were still there pop riveted to the sun roof but I can'nt stop picking at the scabs :nownow: as usual and more annoying rust is showing plus a couple of other nasties :eek:

Attachments

• sunroof drain 3 small.JPG
    sunroof drain 3 small.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 291
  • sunroof drain 2 small.JPG
    sunroof drain 2 small.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 424
  • sunroof drain small.JPG
    sunroof drain small.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 360
Martin Brey recently (as in a couple of months ago) wrecked a Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo ... It had been hit hard in the front. Have you tried him :confused: If it had a sunroof I'm sure he kept it !!!

seeya,
Shane L.