Cx repair manuals

Cxristian

Tadpole
Hello, I have 2 Cx, a 2400 Pallas Aut 1982, carburettor, and a 25 Prestige serie 2. For both cars is so difficult to find some information. I have the Haynes workshop manual but in this book don`t appears the complete electric diagram, because both types have air conditioning, and the pallas 82 where changed by 2400 ie.
The pallas have the weber 34 datc carburettor.
:confused:

Yeah we have the factory shop manuals and parts manuals on CD-ROM. I'm going to be away for a week so I can't send them until I get back.

seeya,
Shane L.

I'm reading these books, but the pallas doesn't appears (for the year that was made):cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Somebody any further information for CX Pallas Aut 1982, Pleaaaaase???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• S1010003a.jpg
    S1010003a.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 229
idea

hi ,
why don't You list the problems ?
From the other side I think that there are similarity in tunings and data in all those other manuals You got .
Be careful with wires , they can burn the car !
regards
Klema :D

Klema, see, for example I don't have the gicleurs (i don't know how you call it) measure. The car have some wires that don't arrive somewhere.
And have some equipment that i don't know how work (oil level for example).:cry: :cry: :(
Sturla, the manual for serie 2 is so good, thanks :cheers:

Step by step

dear Mr. Cxristian ,
I don't know how much do You know about Citroens .
So :there are two kind of oils in CX : engine oil and hidraulic suspension-LHM oil . Maby , there are and third : hidraulic oil for servo steering wheel . I'll ask one my friend and write to You .
I didn't found a word "gicleurs measure" in my dictionary . What is this and where is it ? :rolleyes:
Oil level equipment - do You mean that yellow thing at the top of LHM tank , right , behind , in engine space when You look in engine from front ?
About wires :
First chech fuse box . By fuses , there can be burned and fuse pads and wires where they enter in box . Also , I found many rusted wires in door-shassis tube at one CX . From the other side , check complete electrc instalation visual for squeezes and rust . When You repair wires , always take care about vibrations , and plus , isolate it well !
I hope that I helped You .
Don't repair anything else untill You make hidraulic suspension work .
regards
Klema :D :D

klema said:
dear Mr. Cxristian ,
I don't know how much do You know about Citroens .
So :there are two kind of oils in CX : engine oil and hidraulic suspension-LHM oil . Maby , there are and third : hidraulic oil for servo steering wheel . I'll ask one my friend and write to You .
I didn't found a word "gicleurs measure" in my dictionary . What is this and where is it ? :rolleyes:
Oil level equipment - do You mean that yellow thing at the top of LHM tank , right , behind , in engine space when You look in engine from front ?
About wires :
First chech fuse box . By fuses , there can be burned and fuse pads and wires where they enter in box . Also , I found many rusted wires in door-shassis tube at one CX . From the other side , check complete electrc instalation visual for squeezes and rust . When You repair wires , always take care about vibrations , and plus , isolate it well !
I hope that I helped You .
Don't repair anything else untill You make hidraulic suspension work .
regards
Klema :D :D

Dude,
I don't know how much YOU know about Citroens - but the hydraulic fluid supply for the DIRAVI powered steering system in a CX is integrated with the suspension and brakes - same overall system, same fluid (LHM). (Some early CXs did have a manual steering rack though). If the LHM level is low it can have implications for brakes, steering AND suspension so keep an eye on it... You must ensure the float on top of the hydraulic reservoir is between the red marks with the car on level ground, in highest suspension setting and with the engine running. Make sure the float isn't stuck either, it should change position as you select the various heights from low to high.
Cheers

Gicleur means injector or jet.
Gicler is 'to squirt'.
Gicleur is 'the squirter'.
On injected cars, it's the injector, though the word 'injecteur' is more common.
In carburettors, it's the jet.

Cxristian
Donde el diablo perdio el poncho.

Last edited:
dear Klema, I have hidropneumatic citroens for 8 years ago, and i know so much about it Thanks.
When I said oil level, i'm talking about engine oil level ( 1982 on), but i don't have some information about this.
Clogz, yes, it's carburettor jets. for the weber 34 datc.
I'm only need the wiring diagrams for cx pallas 1982 with air condittioning and torque converter, and prestige serie 2 automatic.
And the weber 34 datc. For all other thing i have information.
Thanks to all.

Mr. Cxristian
At one carburettor repair shop they told me : " CX , Year 1982 , Weber ,double inlet :
- fuel : 107 and 155 , air : 170 and 190 ".
I hope that this is the information ayou needed
regards

Yeesssss, thanks, but i like to have the complete diagram for carburetor, because, I'm afraid the jets are inverted. The main problem for my car is black smoke when acelerates.....:cry:

Mr. Cxristian
Smaller measures ( 107 and 170 ) goes to 1'st inlet .
This smoke can be made by more things . I'll check this things : Air filter , ignition angle ( I suppose it's not the problem ) and : is it open or choked some of tubes inside carburetor ? Both cases happend to me .
How much fuel do You need : more than usuall or double ? Is it the air screw normal ( about two rounds ) open ?
regards

PM me your postal address and I'll send you the CX factory shop manuals on CDROM. (they cover the renault engined car, deisel and turbo's).

seeya,
Shane L.

There is fantastic.... but i don't know how i can to send PMs
Klema, yes, the ignition i must to see, but the carburettor doesn't have a spring in a lateral membrane (bottom, ignition coil side).
The car starts ok on hot and cold, and the automatic choke is regulated..... But when put the gearbox on A or R, the engine down to fall...

Mr. Cxristian ,
A few questions :
Do You have experience in Tuning & Adjustment of carburetors ?
Is this lateral membrane pressed by arm each time You press the pedal to open throttle ( accelerate ) ?
Is this carburetor similar like in GS ( Two inlet : first for normal using , second for high speed and strong acceleration ) ?
regards

The membrane doesn't acelerate. It's a vacuum litle membrane thats pull a so litle sphere.
Other question: The jets says 50 and 51 it's right?:confused: