Cx Rear Seats

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
Could someone with the knowledge please enlighten me as to how you remove the back seat from a CX.
I think that I have failed the IQ test and short of tearing the b----gers out with my teeth :mad: I can't see how you get to the bolts let alone see them :confused: :confused: thanks

Lift the front edge of the lower cushion... Once that's removed you should be able to see the bolts to remove the back of the cushion.

seeya,
Shane L.

Thanks

DoubleChevron said:
Lift the front edge of the lower cushion... Once that's removed you should be able to see the bolts to remove the back of the cushion.

seeya,
Shane L.
Thanks I'll try again tonight without the stanley trimmer in my hand

Your gonna kick yourself. The lower cushion just lifts out (litterally) of course you need to guide the seatbelts out of the cushion though.

seeya,
Shane L.

Well Well

At least I walked away from the beast before I did any damage :wink2: ,and i was trying to find the bolts to the steel support panels on the base :cry: all so I could weld a patch above the fuel pump under the seat where some of that pommy salty mud had managed to lodge its self

ARCHRIVAL said:
At least I walked away from the beast before I did any damage :wink2: ,and i was trying to find the bolts to the steel support panels on the base :cry: all so I could weld a patch above the fuel pump under the seat where some of that pommy salty mud had managed to lodge its self

Would be nice to find a couple of English pounds under there as well :eek: . I dare say Shane has found some interesting items under back seats as have I,

:cheers:
Cooch

Carefull there!!! Once you lift the seat base out, you will see mounting bolts for the back. You only need to loosen these a little, you actually move the seat back brackets sideways , so the bolt head passes through it.
If you need to remove the C-pillar trims before you take the seat back out, it is likely you will break the plastic peg in the middle of that trim. Both mine are broke, but once it's all back in the car, you would never know!! john s

Oh, by the way, under the rear seat base, is a great place to put a CD stacker. Mine lives there!

Thanks

Well what a peice of p..s once you know :D , no stolen treasure under the seat just a couple of mouldy jellybeans :disappr: . GOOD IDEA SMIFFY I've been looking at how to get some good noise into the girl I think a MP3 head unit in the original location with the detachable face ribbon wired and mounted where you can see it maybe on the ashtray with a stacker tucked under the back seat drivers side would be quite smooth well the lady is mobile again and just about ready for going over the pits for relicense .

Attachments

• DCP02189 small.JPG
    DCP02189 small.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 208