CX Prestige for auction in Brisbane

damn .... I think that is Gregs car :( .... the door trims give it away. It will be VERY good CX

Looking quite unloved. As David says definitely Greg Churm's car (easy to tell as it was originally blue and resprayed green but the engine bay was left blue).

What is that abomination in place of the ignition key?

Gregs Prestige

Ended with zero bids at a $10009 start.
i remember so much talk about this beautiful car once upon a time. It would be a brilliant buy having been in Greg's hands, like the Alan Smith BX16V that Donat now has, if I'm up to date. Chris M

I could be wrong, but I think Donat got out of Citroens when DS Motors, his go-to mechanics, closed. As far as I know, he now drives a beige Chrysler by Chrysler.

Haha, Shane, funny idea that :).

To me the photos suggested paint fade (that green seemed particularly susceptible to fade on both BX’s and CX’s) and I’m never going near a CX respray ever again. On mine the change of colour included under the bonnet, and I still remember the nightmare of getting that wiring loom back in and getting everything to work.

Never mind the simple problem of trying to find that length of space in my garage again.

No, I’ve still got my first Citroen, the GS wagon in my avatar, if I ever want to relive the past.

IMHO, the car has sat in the sun for a while in its recent ownership - that never happened in Greg's time. It was always garaged unless being driven. The boot paint fade and the degradation of the dashboard switches are the biggest give aways.

I wonder if anyone is brave enough to contact Gray's and find out what's actually happening to the car?

And NO, I do not want it. Had it been my Powerball numbers Thursday night last week (80m), yeah sure, I'd happily have bought it and others to assemble the great Aussie Cit Collection, but no...

That car looks like it needs a lot of work. $10,000 a bit optimistic I think even if it is a prestige

That car looks like it needs a lot of work. $10,000 a bit optimistic I think even if it is a prestige

That's part of the point of this discussion. The car DID have a lot of work during its life in the hands of the late Greg Churm. Lovingly cared for, a daily driver in Sydney traffic for a number of years and then semi-retired when Greg bought a Prius on a too-good-to-miss offer. He sold it to a new home after he became ill. It seems that the new or subsequent owner has not lavished it with the same care. Sad to see it in this state, but it could be worthy for a serious collector able to do rectification work themself.