Cx Interior Roof Hood Lining Replacement

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
Has anyone recently attempted this exercise and what is involved .I have been told it all has to be done through the back window . Is this window glued or rubbered in place .Difficulty of removal and availability of material black velur on foam .Can this be done by dumb cluts or does it need to be done by proffessional dumb cluts . All in :cancan: put apreciated :cancan:
you all know which car that I want to undress and recloth aftrer a siutable period of nakedness :roflmao: :nownow: :roflmao:

Brilliant ... let me know how you go ... The roof lining dropped from my car within days of it being imported to Australia (obviously didn't like the heat of our sun on the roof).

I've been "roof lining free" for about 3years. You should be able to unbolt the roof lining shell and withdraw it from one of the rear doors. Then just lay it upside down on a table and glue the new lining on. Really it should be quite simple. I'll do this when I get some spare $$$$ ...... Along with repainting the car ....

I've been tinkering and fixing to ensure it's mechanically perfect. The visual aspects will come later.

seeya,
Shane L.

Thanks

Air con now working le plip in le cupboard nice new cyclops plip boot lock is independent ? The ladies going out tonight for bit of japanese and so am I if I get lucky :nownow:

I took mine out of the Prestige many years ago, from memory it was thru the back door, but they're bigger on a Prestige.
Taking out the windscreen would be much easier than the back glass, which is probably bonded in.

ps - the wrong thread I know but I can't be bothered stuffing round with several posts, have you got a mirror switch yet? I quite probably still have one in the garage somewhere (may take a few days to find it) from a late BX - conditiion unknown as it came with the s/h dash I bought and my BX didn't have electric mirrors.

ARCHRIVAL said:
Has anyone recently attempted this exercise and what is involved .I have been told it all has to be done through the back window . Is this window glued or rubbered in place .Difficulty of removal and availability of material black velur on foam .Can this be done by dumb cluts or does it need to be done by proffessional dumb cluts . All in :cancan: put apreciated :cancan:
you all know which car that I want to undress and recloth aftrer a siutable period of nakedness :roflmao: :nownow: :roflmao:

Archrival: Send postal address (privately) I will send instruction re: roof lining and some stuff re; CX off internet looks like an easy job! Bob Cav

roof lining

Why bother doing it yourself ?? apart from the obvious pleasure and pain...
Replacing glued on roof linings is not an uncommon job these days...Falcons drop theirs as do Commodores..VN VR VS...seek out your local trimmer...you may be pleasantly surprised.

But where is the fun in that? don't you want to gnaw your fingers off when you accidently spray glue all over the wrong side of the fabric? :joker:
Seriously, it is a bit of a task getting the headlining out, last time I did one, I cheated, by cutting the car in half first! :roflmao: :roflmao: Believe it or not, this WAS a cx turbo!

Attachments

• car parts 028.jpg
    car parts 028.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 230
Might I suggest that if you do remove the headlining, that before you install the new one, you reseal the antenna on the roof.
I discovered today (with all the lovely weather were having in VIC) that mine drips water through the headining, onto the centre console.

Terry :rolleyes:

Thanks again

took car to my upholsterer cheap if no problems with sun roof and casing not collapsed under $400 inc pillars bargain.Have to keep saying to myself over and over don't pull it apart :nownow: :nownow: good little site that one Shane thanks and thanks for the advice re radio arial . Stereo is a pain no CD players that will work vertical so looks like a new head unit and stacker eurvox me thinks would have been factory fit if car sold in australia :cheers:

ARCHRIVAL said:
took car to my upholsterer cheap if no problems with sun roof and casing not collapsed under $400 inc pillars bargain.Have to keep saying to myself over and over don't pull it apart :nownow: :nownow: good little site that one Shane thanks and thanks for the advice re radio arial . Stereo is a pain no CD players that will work vertical so looks like a new head unit and stacker eurvox me thinks would have been factory fit if car sold in australia :cheers:

Factory fit ... In Australia :roflmao: :roflmao:

We need to remind ourselves .... These cars are twenty years old !!!!

Not only were they not sold in Australia, 20years ago a CD player in a car would have been unheard of (let alone a CD stacker !!!).

I've got a stacker in the boot, I've never liked stackers. Possibly go for an Mp3 player that you could just download your favorite songs too. Prefably one with a remote control. Do NOT look at the radio when driving, you need to learn it's functions by touch (it's placement it terrible :disappr: We don't want you crashing 'cos your looking down between the seats instead of at the road !!).

seeya,
Shane L..

eurvox

shane amazingly eurvox do a head unit that is identical to the factory unit I had in my first 89 BX trs with 10 disc stacker fitted to landrover and commode not cheap~$600 FITTED but nice and simple none of this multi function single button scroll thru shit still cann't figure how to set the time on the sony thing :blackeye: in the 16v let alone changing settings going along :cry: to easy to spend money these days :eek:

ARCHRIVAL said:
As a comparision, I've been quoted $150 materials to do a Prestige.
The liner has come out through the front door with a bit of persistance. I guess it should be easier on a standard CX. On my vehicle the plastic pillars had disintegrated, but glued back together ok with super glue. I plan to contact adhesive calico to the back of the the pillars so they can't shatter again.

Good luck with it,
Andrew

DoubleChevron said:
Factory fit ... In Australia :roflmao: :roflmao:

We need to remind ourselves .... These cars are twenty years old !!!!

Not only were they not sold in Australia, 20years ago a CD player in a car would have been unheard of (let alone a CD stacker !!!).

I've got a stacker in the boot, I've never liked stackers. Possibly go for an Mp3 player that you could just download your favorite songs too. Prefably one with a remote control. Do NOT look at the radio when driving, you need to learn it's functions by touch (it's placement it terrible :disappr: We don't want you crashing 'cos your looking down between the seats instead of at the road !!).

seeya,
Shane L..

That's a good suggestion Shane. :D
I recently bought a USB MP3 FM Modulator from Jacar Electronics....because my tape player finally gave up. :(
This thing is fantastic...far better than any cd player!!...this has no moving parts. :tongue:
I have a 128mb flash drive...I drag mp3s into it, whatever I want to listen to...from my computer...this gives me 2 hrs of music....
the flash drive plugs straight into the modulator...
The modulator plugs into the cigarette lighter for power...the car radio goes on..picks up the signal from the modulator...there you have it.
No moving parts, no belts, no stuffed capstans, no dirty heads, no magnetised heads, no tapes, no discs, no disc players, no headers, no problems. :joker:
I take it with me..it all fits into my pocket....nothing to tempt thieves with.
This is bloody fantastic. All for under $100.00, including the flash drive.
It works in any car with an FM radio.
Cheers...george 1/8th. :cheers: :cool: