CX headlight switch needed!

UFO said:
Cooch

A PM is a Private Message - like an email only it stays within AussieFrogs and only the sender and recipient can see it.

I have sent you one.

:)

UFO up a little late are we

Im sutch a dumb s%!t How do I read it?

Cooch

Last edited:
Wow, this is great. I have got details of someone close by that could help out with a few things, thankyou Craig. I will get back to Cooch on the issue of the LHM.
I have driven a few too many nights home with my finger on the high beam button and having to put hazards on when people following so it would be good to get sorted soon.
Cheers, Andy :drivin:

Andy N said:
Wow, this is great. I have got details of someone close by that could help out with a few things, thankyou Craig. I will get back to Cooch on the issue of the LHM.
I have driven a few too many nights home with my finger on the high beam button and having to put hazards on when people following so it would be good to get sorted soon.
Cheers, Andy :drivin:

Andy

Some member of my family "to the chorus of it was'nt me" deleted your phone message before I could hear it. So PM :D me or ring again, I will try your flat phone again now :cheers:

Cooch

Cooch Goodwin said:
Andy

Some member of my family "to the chorus of it was'nt me" deleted your phone message before I could hear it. So PM :D me or ring again, I will try your flat phone again now :cheers:

Cooch

No worries Cooch. I have Monday off so I'll have to see how far Cabramurra is away from here to pick up the LHM.
There is a local CX nut here that worked on my car yesterday. He has a few CX's in various states of repair and a couple of estates, one in daily use.
He knows a lot about Cits and has a couple of light 15's. He showed me how to get at the oil filter with a long screwdriver and the oil is now changed and he also had the parts I needed to get the light switch working.
:headbang: The headlights are now working but it is only a temporary fix and I am still looking for a complete part that will work better.
I walked away with a litre of green 'liquid gold' LHM so the hydraulics are better now. Amazing people these Citroen owners!
Happy weekend, Andy :wink2:

Andy N said:
No worries Cooch. I have Monday off so I'll have to see how far Cabramurra is away from here to pick up the LHM.
There is a local CX nut here that worked on my car yesterday. He has a few CX's in various states of repair and a couple of estates, one in daily use.
He knows a lot about Cits and has a couple of light 15's. He showed me how to get at the oil filter with a long screwdriver and the oil is now changed and he also had the parts I needed to get the light switch working.
:headbang: The headlights are now working but it is only a temporary fix and I am still looking for a complete part that will work better.
I walked away with a litre of green 'liquid gold' LHM so the hydraulics are better now. Amazing people these Citroen owners!
Happy weekend, Andy :wink2:

Andy,

The LHM will be at the Cabramurra General Store Sunday evening.

Cooch

Cooch Goodwin said:
Andy,

The LHM will be at the Cabramurra General Store Sunday evening.

Cooch

You can find the store by listen'n for da sound of da banjoes:D

Seriously though, what a team we all are. Cit Nut has problem, we pull out all stops to get things moving - eventually.:headbang:

UFO said:
You can find the store by listen'n for da sound of da banjoes:D

Seriously though, what a team we all are. Cit Nut has problem, we pull out all stops to get things moving - eventually.:headbang:

hey eye aint no nut suitcase :crazy:

Andy:

Craig Wings Mobile no is 0427045181 if you have any trouble. The general store is in town in a complex but its the only one there.
Craig droped the LHM off thisarvo and the shop people are expecting you.
Just leave the cash in envelope with them, marked Craig.

Sorry the phone call was so brief. I would have liked to talk longer but I was on the wifes mobile and money is short, :joker: no the truth is I was on the p!ss with a couple of mates wiring up a shed and did'nt want to rave too mutch.

Hope you have a good winter with the snow bunnies, we have all got to keep warm somehow.

Hoo roo
Cooch
:cheers:

Ps Please let me know how the trip went OK?

Craig Wing rang me this evening and said you turned up when he was having lunch. He was impressed with your Cit. Lovely day for a drive.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

I just grabbed the headlight switch. It's actually black (I think you wanted blue) so you'll need to swap the switch over to your housing. It should be heading your way tomorrow.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
Hi Andy,

I just grabbed the headlight switch. It's actually black (I think you wanted blue) so you'll need to swap the switch over to your housing. It should be heading your way tomorrow.

seeya,
Shane L.

Brilliant! That is perfect Shane, I actually do need a black switch, the one that I bungled back together is holding for now, but feels like it will go at any time.
Rego is due tomorrow so took it to Cooma yesterday to get checked and need 4 new tyres to start with. I was quoted $122 for each Michelin XVI but I may go cheaper because the front end which is out of whack is just gonna chew those nice michies to bits :eek: :eek: ...yes...EEK! I wish it was just a simple allignment problem but it seems to be a complex mix of allignment, diravi off centre and suspension wear....also the bad knocking sound that suggests driveshaft wear.
I got an o.k deal with GIO on a greenslip when combined with third party property, reduces the ammount so I end up getting the latter for about $50.
Comprehensive isn't worthwhile as it will be about $850 per year to insure the car for just $2000! :confused: Where do they validate that?
Regards, Andy :)

Regarding Insurance, I got quoted approx, $150 for Third Party Property, $240 for Third Party Property Fire and Theft, and $350 for Comprehensive on the 1980 CX C-Matic, with an under 25 Driver, with the RACV. I took the Fire and Theft.
I guess living in country Vic helps.

doggiedog said:
Regarding Insurance, I got quoted approx, $150 for Third Party Property, $240 for Third Party Property Fire and Theft, and $350 for Comprehensive on the 1980 CX C-Matic, with an under 25 Driver, with the RACV. I took the Fire and Theft.
I guess living in country Vic helps.

Hey! That CX on your avatar looks just like mine, it is probably from the same shipment! :headbang:

It could very well be, I dont know how you would tell, apart from the chassis number I guess, but my dipper switch is starting to play up, so I guess its gone out in sympathy with your headlight switch
Terry

doggiedog said:
It could very well be, I dont know how you would tell, apart from the chassis number I guess, but my dipper switch is starting to play up, so I guess its gone out in sympathy with your headlight switch
Terry
You're probably right about the similar problems occuring with similar age. I ended up doing another search for a CTP Greenslip on the MAA website and found Alianz was the cheapest by far at only $296 compared with $441+ for all else. Four brand new 195/70/14 Federal tyres and the smaller 185 2nd hand tyre in the engine bay and I'm well on my way to rego. The local guy swears by the Federals and I can't believe how good the ride is again. That green leak turns out to be LHM as it is oily even though it has a funny almost sweet taste :confused: ...don't worry I didn't drink the stuff but I heard it should be bland on the tongue. The LHM only appears if I leave the car for more that a day or two and is hard to trace because it seems to be leaking above the sump guard perhaps the steering rack area. I think steering because even with a recently regassed accumulator and full LHM it is heavy after one full turn or less.
As far as driving uninsured it's okay if you are driving directly to get a pinkslip or to the RTA which will happen Monday...I checked at the police station this morning. Got a small carpark ding on the front bumper from one of my neighbors, don't know who yet but I reckon their car would be easy to spot unless it was a steel ute tray they would've certainly come off second best!
Seeya, Andy

I fixed the Dip switch, just a little bit of Silicon Spray on the W plastic part has brought it back to life, don't know if it will be a long term fix or not. Silicon spray is Wonderful Stuff!!
Terry