CX Diesel Wagon on Ebay...

George 1/8th

1000+ Posts
Hey guys,
go to ebay, type Citroen into search...scroll down...there's a CX wagon diesel for a starting bid of $5,000. The guy's giving away a CX IE with it for spares.
That's not bad, both for $5,000. :headbang:
The wagon is a pretty rare beast , and huge too.

Cheers...George 1/8th :cheers: :cool:

George 1/8th said:
Hey guys,
go to ebay, type Citroen into search...scroll down...there's a CX wagon diesel for a starting bid of $5,000. The guy's giving away a CX IE with it for spares.
That's not bad, both for $5,000. :headbang:
The wagon is a pretty rare beast , and huge too.

Cheers...George 1/8th :cheers: :cool:

ddddrrrrooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.................................... I wonder who will win the auction. Me or Alan. I have all the parts to rebuild it's motor to DTR turbo II spec too :dance: :dance:

Yeah the owners right, it looks bloody fantastic in that colour :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

seeya,
Shane L.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Want... want... where's a spare 10 grand when you need it.... that car is so far up my list of Citroens I Would Like To Own... in fact it's at the top... it's gonna get slippery on the floor in here between me and Shane...

Although I'm mystified by the steering wheel.

Chris

chris said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Want... want... where's a spare 10 grand when you need it.... that car is so far up my list of Citroens I Would Like To Own... in fact it's at the top... it's gonna get slippery on the floor in here between me and Shane...

Although I'm mystified by the steering wheel.

Chris

Steering wheel caught me out (Like why would you bother ...). Then shane slaps his head and remembers this is a Series I CX ...... ie: it's original steering wheel would have been melted so badly you'd be stuck to if for a week if you were silly enough to grab it :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The bit that got me is why would you replace the front seats (admittadly bloody nice job .... but why :confused: :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

steering wheel would have been melted so badly you'd be stuck to if for a week if you were silly enough to grab it :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sounds like it might be a recipie for disaster to me....:eek:

I gather it isn't a turbo diesel(you'd never fit even a small hairdryer in there) :eek: . How slow/fast are they off the mark, and do they keep pace with modern city traffic.
This looks like a great buy, nice wagon, and are the rear seats forward facing??

mmmmmmmm I'll wager my bids against Alan and Shane

It'll keep up with modern day traffic, but certainly will NOT be a car for traffic light drags. They are NOT fast, but are bloody brilliant to drive. You soon get used to driving a smoothly as possible using the engines torque. There great load haulers too. A small light weight windup caravan and that wagon would be a brilliant holiday match too.

The turbo deisels set a stack of land speed passenger diesel car records when they were new ... This is NOT a turbo though (however I do have 3 injection pumps, two turbo chargers and a full set of pistons and crank in my shed for a turbo II). I imagine it would be half a days work to bolt the turbo on, and change the pump over. Though I'm not sure about the turbo oil feeds.

Apparantly there's a guy in Melbourne that imported several turbo diesel front cuts from overseas. If you could chase him up, I'd buy a front cut for spare parts, and plug the turbo'd donk in there.

BTW: I should note, they are VASTLY better in every way, faster and far more frugal the the Mercedes and Poogoes deisel of there time (they were shocking bloody things lifted straight from an old grey fergi you'd think).

seeya,,
Shane L.

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
I gather it isn't a turbo diesel(you'd never fit even a small hairdryer in there) :eek: . How slow/fast are they off the mark, and do they keep pace with modern city traffic.
This looks like a great buy, nice wagon, and are the rear seats forward facing??

mmmmmmmm I'll wager my bids against Alan and Shane

The rear seats do face forwards.

I think gain speed more than fly off the mark would be the correct description - although the loads of torque would mean you could just keep it in 2nd or even 3rd in most situations around town.

I would be checking on whether it still has the dreaded TRX wheels too :(.

Paul

Does anyone have more info on importing turbo diesel front cuts? I'm keen to convert my 82 prestige :approve:

andrewj said:
Does anyone have more info on importing turbo diesel front cuts? I'm keen to convert my 82 prestige :approve:

My father knows who it is (I think). I'll ask him.

BTW: You realise it'll be a lot more work to convert a petrol automatic to a deisel manual :confused: Converting a pre-existing deisel to turbo desiel with a simple engine swap should incredibly simple :)

seeya,
Shane L.

chris said:
It looks very much like it. And on the parts car too...

Chris

Both cars look like they have 14" GTi wheels to me. The TRX wheels are bigger (390mm == almost 16" in size).

This is the wagon:

57_1_b.JPG

and CX with TRX wheels (note these are 'T'urbo wheels, the TRX standard wheels look the same visually as the 14" alloys):

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3344

seeya,
Shane L.

85 model without flared arches, or is the colour making the flared arches impossible to see?

Shane, those wheels look exactly like the metric-sized mags on my father's Prestige... someone should ask the vendor. In fact someone should buy that car and look after it for me :D

Chris

Bruce H said:
85 model without flared arches, or is the colour making the flared arches impossible to see?

Seriously Bruce I think your right, it's a pre 1982 flat arch model. Compare it to the CX2500ie in the same add:

b2_1_b.JPG

and

16_1_b.JPG

either way, it's still a nice looking car in the photos. Whats a few years when it's already at least 20years old :D

My guess would be "First Registered in Australia in 1985".

seeya,
Shane L.

chris said:
Shane, those wheels look exactly like the metric-sized mags on my father's Prestige... someone should ask the vendor. In fact someone should buy that car and look after it for me :D

Chris

Hi Chris,

look at the photo of the CX turbo I've linked. In the background is a CX2500 GTi with standard 14" alloys. It's easy to see there are MUCH smaller in diameter.

seeya,
Shane L.

It is possible to have different sized metric wheels y'know Shane... :rolleyes: But I take your point, the photos aren't conclusive.

chris said:
It is possible to have different sized metric wheels y'know Shane... :rolleyes: But I take your point, the photos aren't conclusive.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

CX's were only sold with:

--14" x 5.5" steel wheels
--14" x 6" alloy wheels
--390mm TRX's.

Seriously the TRX's visually look to be a MUCH larger wheel.

Most certainly I'm not saying there not TRX's, they just look to small.

BTW: I don't think any cars came to Australia fitted with TRX's. They had 14" alloys. Yours being a prestige is a personal import.

seeya,
Shane L.

The Prestige in question is my father's car and 'tis located in New Zealand... and he's currently shopping for some non-metric wheels for it, on account of 4 metric tyres costing more than 4 new wheels with fitted tyres :doh:

Chris