CSCA Series v NSW State Supersprint

M

moosey

I have a standard RCS MkI Cup that I want to run in sprints this year. I know of the CSCA and CAMS NSW series and am interested in what are the differences, if any between these two series? I know that a few of you guys have been running the CSCA series, and it's maybe a bit more friendly than the CAMS series. However, I work Saturdays and 4/6 rounds this year are Sat. NSW SSC only 2/8, which I could possibly swing a day off for. In terms of my vehicle, I would be running the Clio on R tyres, maybe look at a pad change and Eibach springs, that's about it. Would this put me in a similar/same class in either series, and who would I most likely be up against in terms of vehicles? Finally, are the costs/licencing requirements comparable?

You've probably already missed out on the 1st CSCA round on Sat 12 Feb. It's very popular. Have a look at the times on the Natsoft site if you're in doubt. CSCA times are usually a lot more competitive. You'd be in Type 1 class in CAMS, or NM2A (non-marque, minor mods, under 2L) in CSCA. There's no Type 1 class in CSCA.

In NM2A you'd be up against Pug. 205's and Tekkie in the Swift. You'd need to do the following times (or better) to be competitive:

EC 2:00
Oran Park GP 1:27
Wakefield 1:15

Licensing and vehicle requirements are identical. CSCA is usually $10-$30 cheaper than CAMS.

CAMS SS rules are here unofficially (quick reference guide).
http://www.clublotus.com.au/motorsport/2005/cams_nswss.htm

As Peter pointed out both comps are very similar. Both use CAMS vehicle rules, with CSCA not having Class1 or sub 1600cc class. NM2A starts at 2000cc

To run in CAMS you have to pre-register and pay up $50. Not sure if thats also true for one off events.
To run in CSCA you have much better chance of getting a spot if you belong to one of the CSCA clubs.

Not sure about CAMS super sprints but CSCA events are good fun and very well run. At least the last time I competed in one.

I think I will have to start up again, see how the Clio compares the the B!