Crankshaft Bolt size for 2Ltr Megan/Scenic/Clio etc F4R motor

jaahn

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Crankshaft Bolt size for 2Ltr Megan/Scenic/Clio etc F4R motor, as above crankshaft timing bolt. Please, length-diameter-pitch. A friend wants to replace the one in his motor. 2004 Megan. I might just buy a HT 10/9 bolt from a supplier and drill out the hole in the washer to fit.
Or is there a reasonable priced supplier in Australia. Part number 8200 608 653.
Jaahn

Spareto also sells them separately, in stock:

Crankshaft Bolt size for 2Ltr Megan/Scenic/Clio etc F4R motor, as above crankshaft timing bolt. Please, length-diameter-pitch. A friend wants to replace the one in his motor. 2004 Megan. I might just buy a HT 10/9 bolt from a supplier and drill out the hole in the washer to fit.
Or is there a reasonable priced supplier in Australia. Part number 8200 608 653.
Jaahn
I wouldn’t wing it on this one - it’s a torque to yield bolt and the elasticity and spec is critical. It also has a captive washer.

Ken at Carrevelle used to keep them as a single part for when a kit didn’t have it or for replacement of the harmonic balancer. So perhaps EAI has them if you can’t wait for it to come from overseas.