Coolant Bleeding Header tank 206

renault8&10

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
How have others managed to create a header tank above the coolant overflow bottle to bleed the system properly?

Have you purchased a suitable special tool like servicebox recommend or made your own?
If you bought one, where from?

Last time i used an upside down pancake shake bottle with the bottom cut out, but it didn't seal completely so looking for better solutions.

I'm wondering if a length of tube and clamps on both the overflow bottle and pancake bottle might help seal properly?

Thanks
KB

The Citroen c3 is the same , I just bleed it . You would have a spare fuel pump would you, mine is leaking on the return elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

No Thierry. The shell got picked up for scrap on Tuesday morning with the tank (and pump) still in it. Talk about bad timing on your part, a week earlier and you could’ve come down and pulled it and taken it for nothing.

The only parts I have left are those that I pulled off beforehand - which is still quite a lot.

Open the heater up fully.
Squeeze the hoses to displace the air, bleed screw as pointed out.
Re-check level..........

No problem, I replaced the tank on the weekend as the new screw was giving me problems and I had a spare tank , but it appears the leak was on the pump not the o ring , thanks anyway

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

On the Peugeot 1.4 you can get to both of those without having to remove anything. I’m aware of those but thought the header tank was still necessary. Thanks everyone.

Well, It was cold and a little wet today so I decided to tinker in the afternoon. I made this up out of a spare drink bottle and an old turbo tube and clamps I had off my truck - total cost $0!

Have no idea why it shows sideways, it appears ok on camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 133