Comprehensive 308 Turbo petrol PUG year 2008 Repair Manual wanted!

Lofty

Tadpole
Please can a DIY person direct me to a comprehensive workshop repair manual for the above Peugeot?
  1. I have a Haynes hard copy and it just lacks technical info!
  2. I've also downloaded an online manual - exceptionally difficult to navigate - they've vanished off the 'Net".
Any pointers will be much appreciated.....thanks.
Lofty.

EP6DT engine? I agree about Haynes.

You can get very detailed official repair how-tos from Peugeot at-

Change the language to English at the bottom. You have to join as as independent repairer and there is a fee for downloading.

The publishers of car manuals are assiduous in taking down their copyright material. Almost every site now offering a manual is fraudulent (look at the URL - you don't get manuals from a hair salon etc)

The best manuals by far I know of come from Revue Technique Automobile. They are sold online by the publisher as PDF documents for 32 Euros or thereabouts. They are well illustrated, BUT they are in French. translate.google.com.au can translate a pdf and that solves a problem. There are many versions for 308s, so get the right one.

Sadly apart from servicebox, most stuff around online is in French.

You can find most part numbers and parts diagrams at the catalogs.ssg.asia website and another at catcar.info

What other technical info is wanted?

Why don’t you buy it from Peugeot?

Have you ever seen a Peugeot one? Servicebox gives as many documents as you want to buy time for, but the lot is expensive.

The owner's handbook is online.

Lofty what are you specifically after many here know the EP6 engine and variations.

Any specific problem,?

Seasink: Thank you so much for your info on obtaining a decent Workshop manual - I'll follow it up.
I got the Owner's Handbook with the car.
Peter T: Thanks for the suggestion - I'm just guessing that the price will 'knock my socks off'! - I'll them and get a price and availability.
Dimistyle: (i) the whole engine bay gets super hot while driving, yet my Temp gauge sits in the centre position (90*C?),
(ii) my Code Reader (Autel39) on 'Live Data' mode records the ECT @ 80*C- 90*C max.
(iii) my radiator fan does not kick in ever (aircon off, not working) - all fuses are OK, not sure how to test the fan?
(iv) I bench tested my Engine Coolant Temp Sensor in boiling water - it's resistance = 200 Ohms (the equivalent of 80*C)
yet the Haynes manual states the Thermostat opens at 106*C.
Does my Thermostat ever open ... I wonder??
Possible solutions: (with no guarantee of a fix) new coolant Temp Sensor, new Coolant fan resistor, new Thermostat and housing, get wiring to fan checked.
Any ideas will be so appreciated as my budget is super tight!
Lofty.

If you subscribe to service box it's about $13 or so per hour and that includes browsing and reading. You have no control over download speed. There is no official printed manual for current cars that I have ever heard of, only the independent publications, like Haynes and RTA.

Manufacturers of garage test equipment have a rather limited amount of info. French technical colleges have excellent stuff online if the model isn't too old (often hidden, it's for students who log in) but you won't find a complete model coverage.

From time to time someone with a subscription posts a document in a forum.

If the temperature sensor reads low, I wouldn't expect the fan to start.

I believe the figure of 105C for the passive opening of the thermostat is correct, but the ECU controls the temperature of the coolant as required via the heater element incorporated in the thermostat (https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66155). You should be able to monitor the status of the controlled thermostat setting (e.g. https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71038). The fan controller is a common source of problems- the cheap Chinese ones are useful for diagnostic purposes, although I would expect you would have codes if this was faulty.

A comment about the above---
thermostat.png

Not the problem I suppose, but a bulletin said this-
For the vehicles listed above, a situation may occur where
the air conditioning system no longer works and, at the
same time, the motor does not have any power. The error
codes P0171 (fuel trim system 1 too lean) and P0597
(thermostat heater control circuit open) are stored in the
engine control unit's error memory.

If the error codes listed are displayed simultaneously, the
cause is usually not related to the fuel trim system. This is
then the error resulting from a defective coolant
thermometer. The coolant thermometer is controlled
electronically or has an electric heating resistor. If the
resistor burns out, the engine switches to emergency
operation due to the lack of the signal. As a result, the air
conditioning system no longer functions either.

To correct this, the thermostat should be replaced along
with the housing (only available as a complete unit) and the
error memory should be cleared.