clutch master cylinder

MR604

Fellow Frogger
Are 505 clutch master cylinder bores they same diameter as 504 ones (0.75 inch) :confused:

:cheers:

I can't remember, but if you're replacing one, watch out for wear in the push-rod pivot on the pedal arm. If the push-rod is no longer pushing directly in line with the cylinder bore, you will wear out a new one in a few weeks.
As an aside, if you have experienced fluid leakage into your carpet and you now have a soggy floor, hire a carpet shampooer/vacuum from the supermarket, pour a bucket of water into the footwell, and suck it out with the vacuum cleaner. You may need to repeat this a dozen times, but you end up with beautifully cleaner carpet, not brake fluid and very little moisture. Do it on a hot day and it will dry out even quicker. Doesn't bother the carpet machine at all. Brake fluid is soluble in water.

Warwick.

2 pugs said:
Are 505 clutch master cylinder bores they same diameter as 504 ones (0.75 inch) :confused:

I'm pretty sure that they are the same diameter even though they look different on the outside, because I'm using a master cylinder originally out of a 504, in my 505 and it works fine.

Dave

I checked early and late 504 workshop manual's and they were both .75 of an inch, so I'm guessing that things wouldnt change.

I tried the 405 w/shop manual but it was no help being a front wheel drive:whistle: :mallet:

thanks for the replies, the reason I asked is that I'm looking as getting a universal one in the 604.