Club Plate Run

UFO

Citroën Tragic
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
The first ever CCC of NSW Club Plate Run is on this Sunday 12 January. For more information on what a Club Plate Run is see: <a href="http://www.citroencarclub.org.au/" target="_blank">CCC of NSW</a> .

The destination is Berrima. You can BYO picnic or meet your Citroën friends for lunch in one of the many cafes etc in Berrima.

I already know that a contingent of Aussie Froggers such as Mort Subite, DS and Paul S are attending as are Mrs UFO and myself. I suspect the cafe option will be our choice. There will be a range of DS and Tractions attending so there will be at least two cars on Club Plates. One of those cars will be on a special memorial run.

Come along in your fav Citroen or hitch a ride.

See you on the day. You can contact me on 0418 484 798 if you want.

BTW - this was planned well in advance of the AF run and was not meant to compete with it. Have a great day whichever run you go on! dance

Rgds

<small>[ 06 January 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: UFO ]</small>

While all you lot were dicing with suicidal V8 Landcruisers we were seeing how some rather older Cits went on the very successful Club Plate Day.

I drove a 1953 Big 15 for quite a bit of the day - fun, but a very Vintage car. It was still able to keep up with the traffic on the way home, but my hands were tingling from the vibrations, and I was worn out with concentrating! It must have been a wonder in the thirties - it handles like a modern car - leaves most 60's stuff for dead. And the amount of attention you attract - leaves even a showy D for dead!

The 1963 ID was a much more modern animal, despite still having the old 3 bearing lump. Floatiest D I have been in for a long time.

The 1968 Hydraulique was (when it was not shooting bits of selector mechanism around the car!!! - gotta fix that one James) a very nice piece of work indeed - fast and very smooth. I can see why everyone wants one!

Thanks to everyone who turned up - hope to see you all at the next one at Stanwell Tops in Feb.

Paul

GTI124:
Any pics? I just luuuurve drooling over Cits, they're so cool.
Please do not drool over our Cits, we have enough rust problems already tongue

Seriously though, a major addition of pics etc to the ccc of nsw web site will be up by the end of the week. Thanks to Paul, we now have some of the software that makes slide show prep easy and quick. Then you can drool to your heart's (or whatever's) content! :D

Rgds