Clio Cleans up

Reno17

Fellow Frogger
Hey guys

Anyone seen the latest Motor Mag ? Its pretty good, they do the BFG (Bang for ya Buck) test, 28 sports cars where tested.

This year the Clio managed to fill a position.

Managed to clean up too.

Looks like I might have ta go buy one.

Ash

me too mate!! i may buy one in november if the price doesnt go up however ive heard that it will be $2k dearer, if that is so they can forget it. you and i should go in together to get a better deal, buying in bulk surely must be cheaper. I'M EXCITED!!

------------------
jr20516v

Hey JR

Yea I hear Ya. I've heard that they are going up a bit too, which I'm not to impressed about. Yea what you said may work.

I'm Still not fully convinced on the new look though. I'm still waiting for the next EVO Mag to come out, apparently in the mag they do a similar review to BFYB but with the new look Clio.

Ash

Hmmmmmmmmm...only problem is the name; "Clio". A bit poofy. Surely Renault could have come up with a name for the Aussie market - how about the new Renault "Davo"....

Cheers

Stuey

JUST READ THE LATEST EVO WITH A COMPARISON BETWEEN THE CLIO SERIES 2 AGAINST A SEAT CUPRA R.[180BHP TURBO] THE CLIO STILL JUST WON. THEY KEPT ON REFERRING HOW THE NEW CLIO HAS LOST ALOT OF ITS TOUCH AND SEEMS SLOWER EVEN THO RENO HAS DONE TWEEKS TO TORQUE ETC.. SEEMS LIKE THE SERIES 1 IS THE ONE TO GET!! BUT I DONT KNOW IF I COULD LIVE WITH THE LOOKS FOR LONG. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF ANY S1'S COME ON TO THE MARKET WHEN THE NEW S2 ARRIVES SOON. TRADE INS!!

------------------
jr20516v

HMMMMM the Renault Davo, yeh I could handle that.

As far as looks go, I must admit the S1 Clio is the best looking hatch back ever made, past or present.

David.

David,

I have to agree. The series 1 Clio Williams would have to be one of the meanest looking little hatches out there, and they go like the wind too. It's a great pity that they never sold them here.

Dave

Are you serious??? Even better than a 5 Turbo or a 205T16????

Simon

For real performnace you should check out my 1966 Humber Super Snipe, six cylinders with the performance of a four and the economy of an eight

Perhaps it was cars of the quality of the Humber that Peugeot liked so much that they bought the company!

>>
Originally posted by Simon:
>><STRONG>Are you serious??? Even better than a 5 >>Turbo or a 205T16????

>>Simon</STRONG>

I don't think you can compare a T16 or 5 Turbo against a passenger car like the Clio, Williams or 205gti road cars.
Thats like putting my old Lancia Beta up against a Lancia 037 Rally. They may share a few same parts but one is a race weapon hand built, the other is a production sausage factory thing.

my $0.02
ipb :D

Originally posted by Simon:
<STRONG>Are you serious??? Even better than a 5 Turbo or a 205T16????

Simon</STRONG>

Simon,

I was comparing the Clio Williams to hot hatches, not competition style cars such as the mid engined 5 Turbo or 205T16.

Dave