Class Restrictions

Would Mallala with its sweeping bends and tightening corners going to be better or worse for a Peugeot/Citroen car like my Xsara VTS.

Circuit_Map.jpg

Better than what?

As long as you have a good day out it really doesnt matter. Any corner is a plus for a handling cars. Powerful barges prefer to go in straight lines. Whom are you racing?

moosey said:
My size 195-55X15 or 205-50X15

I hope you don't want them any time soon. I use Azenis RS on my MX5 and Falken told be they don't expect any in 205/50/15 for atleast 2 months.

Cal.

I've never been there, but it looks like the type of circuit you're either "off" or "on" the power. Point and shoot.

Hey XsaraVTS,
There is a trackday coming up at Mallalla in October, you need a helmet and that's about it, the cost is about $70 and you get some practice laps and about four 15 minute sessions which is about 40 laps so pretty good value, if interested i will let you know more details closer to the date.. :D I plan to get out then depending on work and Uni commitents.
Mallalla is a more of a speed track, but still loads of fun according to the people I know who have gone out, that first corner after the start/finish straight is longer than think, plenty of spins there.. :banana:

Pugsy, I'm supposed to be doing the John Bowe Institute of Driving course for High Performance there on 15 Oct. But i am interested in any details of Track Days.

The track (on paper) scares me as a lot of the braking points are still on the radius of the previous corner, or worse yet the corners seem to tighten up. I can just see the back end of my car now......

XsaraVTS said:
The track (on paper) scares me as a lot of the braking points are still on the radius of the previous corner, or worse yet the corners seem to tighten up. I can just see the back end of my car now......

He he.. wiggle, wiggle and round you go, will PM or post the details of the track day as soon as I know more

Is there an open day event still on this weekend. I can no longer find the Mallala website to confirm whether the day is still going ahead. I'll be there on Friday regardless for the John Bowe Institute of Driving.

As far as i know yes it is going ahead, just need an extinguisher and a helmet and off you go.. have fun on Friday, should be awesome.

The web site for mallala is http://www.mallala.com/ go to the info link and practice days there is a list of dates there :)

I'll see you there on Friday at about 8:30 Quentin, Or do you want to meet up somewhere in town and head up in a mini convoy :)

how about we meet at that go-kart place at gepps cross. Cnr of Grand Junction, Main Nth and Pt W Rd

since i basically live of off G J Rd anyway - it doesnt make too much sense for me to meet you in the city :)

----Edit---->

and the Mallala website is still not working from my PC

//

Even better idea - we can meet at the BP on Pt. Wakefield Rd Bolivar as I'd like to top the tank up with Ultimate on the way out. Send me an email and we'll confirm times and ph numbers etc. :)

XsaraVTS said:
----Edit---->

and the Mallala website is still not working from my PC

//

What browser are you using, it loads in Firefox, no problems, and my AOL browser...weird!

I cant find BP Bolivar on the WhereIS network. Are you sure you dont mean Paralowie ? Which still doesn't list a map.

Get as much fuel into your car NOW !!!! the price is going to be ridiculous tomorrow - oh no tomorrow is Friday.

Man i got today and tomorrow off of work with a bad throat infection thingy. I tried working all week with a cold, but since i work in undercarriage with my head tilted back all day the mucous shit ****ed my throat up bad. I hope that i have regained all mental alertness by tomorrow. :crazy:

The Mallala website says "just over an hour from the centre of Adelaide". If that is the case meet at the BP at what ? 7:40 ?